39. the fall of the governor.

ACT TWO
(the fall of the governor)

    AIDEN STOOD beside Daryl, the two looking out the same window. Michonne stood behind Aiden, Rick standing between her and Oscar. "Thought you said there was a curfew."

"The street is packed during the day. Those are stragglers."

Rick looked at Aiden, waiting for him to confirm the woman's words before speaking. "If anyone comes in here, we're sitting ducks. We gotta move."

"They could be in his apartment."

"Yeah? What if they ain't?"

"Then we'll look somewhere else."

"You said you could help us."

"Can y'all stop treating her like shit?" Aiden sighed while Rick gave him a look.

There was a brief silence that filled the air, Rick walking towards the door they had snuck in through.

Unfortunately, before the group could get out of the room, the door to the building opening sent them all in different directions.

The group watched in silence, listening as the stranger yelled. "All right now. You're not suppose to be in here and you know it... Who's in here!"

Before the man could continue, Aiden lunged out of his former hiding place. "Don't say a word." Aiden commanded, holding the man to the wall by his neck.

Rick came to the side of him, taking the new-hostage from his grip as he began questioning him. "Where are our people?"

"I don't know."

"You are holding some of our people. Where the hell are they?"

"I don't know!" The man answered honestly, a scared look in his eye.

The look was enough to turn Rick's attention towards Daryl. "Zip tie him.. You, open your mouth." The stranger complied, regretting it when a dirty rag was shoved into his mouth.

     Veroníca slammed the man against the wall, slicing his throat open with the walker bone that Glenn had gotten for her.

Glenn went after Merle, bodyslamming him into the wall as well. He punched the man's face, letting out a groan when Merle grabbed his arm.

He then twisted it, holding it to his body as he dropped his gun, using his now-free arm to elbow Glenn in the face.

Glenn dropped to the ground at the action, earning a kick to the ribs while Merle picked his gun back up.
Merle immediately pointed the gun at Veroníca, who was standing over the other guard's dead body.

Glenn tackled Merle at the sight, which ended in Merle holding the man to the ground. A knife pressed against his neck.

"Let him go!" Veronica screamed, grabbing the dead man's gun and pointing it at Merle.

He smiled at this, removing his hands as he held them up in the air. "Okay." He happily said, glancing behind Veroníca.

At the split look, Veroníca looked behind her as well. Rolling her eyes as she made eye contact with the guard from before. As soon as she did she pointed the gun at him.