51. goodbye, sister.

ACT TWO
(goodbye, sister)

      VERONÍCA CURRENTLY SAT by herself in the library. Waiting for the rest of the council to arrive. The woman had wanted a moment of alone time, which didn't last long seeing as her friends began slowly piling in. Starting with Daryl.

He took the seat next to Veroníca glancing at her before breaking the silence. "You alright?"

Veroníca slowly nodded, knowing she felt anything but alright. Her symptoms continued to grow but the woman was far too afraid of admitting the possible death to herself. Which is why she remained silent.

She wiped the sweat forming on her forehead with the back of her hand, smiling softly when the rest of her friends entered the library.

When Glenn got closer, he was quick to pick up a chair. Moving it completely around the table in order to sit beside Veroníca.

When he finally got situated, he placed his hand on the woman's thigh. Waiting for everyone else to get situated as well.

-

       It didn't take long for the group to pick out seats, Carol talking soon after she did. "I don't get it—Patrick was fine yesterday, and he died overnight.. Two people died that quick? We'll have to separate everyone that's been exposed."

"That's everyone in that cell block."

At Daryl's words, Veroníca finally noticed that Sasha was staring at her. She sent the woman a forced smile, while her friend just squinted her eyes. "You feeling alright, Veroníca?"

Veroníca quickly nodded, a little too quickly for Sasha's liking.

Daryl had paused at the interaction, beginning to speak again once the duo had finished. "That's all of us. Maybe more."

"We know that this sickness can be lethal. We don't know how easy it spreads—Is anyone else showing symptoms that we know of?" Hershel questioned.

"What kind of sympt—"

Veroníca was cut off when Carol spoke, replying to the older man. "We can't just wait and see. There's children. It isn't just the illness. People die, they become a threat."

"We need a place for them to go. They can't stay in D. We can't risk going in there to clean it up."

"We can use cellblock A." Carol suggested.

"Death Row?" Glenn asked, a little shocked by the suggestion.

Veroníca dryly giggled at this, adding on to Glenn's sentence. "That's kind of morbidly ironic, Carol."

Aiden stifled a laugh at his sister's words, now covering his mouth with his hand.

Hershel seemed to find the words much less amusing, making him scold the woman. "Veroníca, now is not the time nor place."

"Sorry, I got nervous.." Veroníca squeaked in slight embarrassment. Trying to ignore her brother who was quietly laughing to himself.