54. chaos comes back.

ACT TWO
(chaos comes back)

VERONÍCA WOKE UP to the sound of snarling, despite her current illness; it was clear her survival instincts were still intact. She pushed her legs over the bed, slamming her cell door shut while she tried to work up the energy to go and kill the threats.

She felt groggy, not aware a day had already passed. Carol had been banished, Glenn and Sasha started helping Hershel. Three sick people had died from the same illness that resided in Vee.

Veroníca would've been thankful for not knowing the state of the prison, but seeing as the snarling grew louder. She knew now wasn't the time.

The snarling grew closer, as well as the soft voice of a child. That child being Lizzie. "Come on, Henry. Here we go. This way."

Veroníca would've assumed she was talking to an animal if it weren't for the fact that she knew Henry was one of the members of the group.

That's what made her stand up, wrapping her hands on the cell poles to help her keep her balance.

She looked to where the voice was coming from, shocked to see Lizzie was talking to Henry. Henry now being a walking corpse.

"Come on boy. come on, Henry. Just a little more."

Adrenaline shot through her at the sight, making her slam the cell door open as she pulled Lizzie towards her. "Hey!"

Veroníca ignored the child's yell, pushing Lizzie behind her before looking around for something to kill the walker.

She only looked for a second before giving up, opting with grabbing onto the walkers air bag that was shoved down his throat.

She squeezed the air bag, using it as a way to safely grab the front of the walker's face.

Once she got a hold of him, she tried to ignore as the walker growled and bit at her. She then slammed his head into a nearby concrete wall.

The first slam was weak, due to the woman's current state. While blood did fly out of the back of his head, it wasn't enough to kill him.

"Stop it! You're hurting him!" Lizzie yelled at the woman, which was ignored as Veroníca slammed his head into the wall again.

More blood splattered along the wall, still not fully killing the corpse. She then slammed his head once more, pushing the walker onto the ground now.

The walker had his head skin ripped off in the back, blood oozing from his wound as he tried to stand back up.

Veroníca didn't let him, placing her foot onto his chest before pausing.

She looked around for a weapon again, this time almost cracking a smile as she grabbed the cell door.

She then slammed the door into the walker's head. Watching as its once-sphere-skull began to flatten with each slam.

Finally, Veroníca stopped. Making sure he was dead as her heavy breathing filled the air.

She leaned her back against the cell door she had just used, not stopping her panting as she looked over at the child. "Are you—Okay?"