26. new beginnings.

-

ACT TWO
(new beginnings)

    EIGHT MONTHS had changed alot for the group. Although they had lost Andrea and Aiden, they worked as a team to cope. Starting with Rory, seeing as the boy was the one effected most by the death of his uncle.

He had stopped spewing his once-loved facts altogether, and even though both T-dog and Glenn acted as father figures to the boy. It wasn't enough to replace Aiden.

The boy had gotten more and more untrustworthy, running off with Carl any chance the two got. Which ultimately took a toll on Veroníca Hayes.

She had lost her brother and her son all at once.

Glenn and T-dog had also stepped in for her, while T-dog acted as a brotherly figure. Glenn secretly pined over the woman.

Though she wasn't nearly the same person, Glenn didn't struggle with still being head over heels for the woman. What he did struggle with is hiding the fact that he liked the woman.

Everyone could see it. Everyone except Veroníca.

Currently the group stood in a circle looking at the map. Carl, Rory and Beth stood further from the car, keeping watch.

"When this herd meets up with this one we'll be cut off. We'll never make it south." Maggie pointed to spots along the map.

"What would you say? That was about 150 head?" Daryl asked Glenn.

"That was last week. It could be twice that by now."

Hershel nodded before pointing at a blue line on the map. "This river could have delayed them, if we move fast, we might have a shot to tear right through there—"

"—Yeah, but if this group joins with that one, they could spill out this way."

"He's right, they'd cut us off here." Veroníca agreed with T-dog, pointing at a piece of the map as well.

Rick nodded, glancing over the map once more while placing his hands on his belt. "Only thing to do is double back at twenty-seven. Swing towards Greenville."

"We picked through that already. It's like we spent the winter going in circles." T-dog scratched his neck.

"I know. I know. At noon we'll push west. Haven't been through there yet. We can't keep going house to house. Need to find someplace to hole up for a few weeks."

The group silently agreed as T-dog spoke up again. "Is it cool if we get to the creek before we head out? Won't take long. We gotta fill up on water, we can boil it later."

"Knock yourself out." Rick nodded.

As soon as he got the approval, T-dog gestured with his head at Veroníca which made the woman smile before she began following behind the man.

T-dog smiled downwards at Veroníca, listening to her intently as she spoke. "—Little me was rightfully pissed, so I say, Aiden you're a slut. His mouth drops and I think I did good, you know—I think wow, Mean Girls taught me a word to use against him.. Then, he runs.. He runs out off the room. I started playing with my toys then—then my Mamí comes back.. She's pissed. She says, Veroníca! Why would you say that? and we get into a screaming match, right? Then—then little dumbass me says.. You know what? You're being a fugly slut."

At this point T-dog was holding a fist over his mouth, muffling his laughter as he pictured the story in his mind. "Then her mouth drops, she tells my Papa and he thinks it's hilarious... I—I just thought it meant jerk, you know? So they ground me and don't explain what it means.. Then, as soon as i'm ungrounded I call Aiden a slut again!"

"You were catty." T-dog laughs, just as the two finally reached the cars.

Veroníca nodded proudly, her smile growing as Rory ran up to her. "Ma, they found something."

Veroníca and T-dog's eyes furrowed at this, immediately looking towards Rick who had a proud look over his face. T-dog was the first to question it. "What's goin' on?"

"We found a prison." Rick said, making the duo share a look before walking closer to their leader.

The group huddled up, they had formed a protective circle around Lori while Rick cut open the prison's fence. "Watch the backside!"

Rick then began ushering the group in, starting with Daryl and ending with Veroníca.

Once everyone was in the gated area, Daryl and Glenn began tying the fence together. As soon as the duo was done, they grabbed their weapons from the ground.

The group then began running towards the main entrance. When they finally had reached it they paused, taking in all the land in front of them.

"It's perfect." Rick mumbled. "If we can shut that gate, prevent more from filling the yard, we can pick off these walkers. We'll take the field by tonight."

"So how do we shut the gate?"

"I'll do it. You guys cover me." Glenn's suggestion being immediately shut down by Rick.

"No. You, T-dog, Maggie and Beth draw as many as you can over there." Rick pointed to an area as he continued. "Pop 'em through the fence."

"Daryl, go back to the other tower. Carol, you're a pretty good shot. Take your time, we don't have a lot of ammo to waste." Rick then turned to the older man. "Hershel, you, Rory and Carl take this tower.

As the group began running to their assigned spots, Veroníca turned to the man beside her. "Where'd you want me, boss?"

"You and I will run for the gate."

Veroníca nodded at the man, watching as Glenn gave him two objects to close the gate.

      The two waited til they heard the screaming of the group along the fence, they then gestured for Lori to open the gate. As soon as she did the duo ran out.

While Rick shot a few walkers, Veroníca threw her throwing knives.

Although, Carol had almost shot both of them. They got to the gate without a scratch. Rick worked on closing the gate, while Veroníca stabbed the walkers that would get too close for comfort.

When the gate was finally closed. Rick shot one walker before rushing to the closest guard tower, Veroníca close behind him.

As soon as the duo was secure at the top of the tower. Veroníca gave the man a quick high-five before Rick began shooting at the walkers below him.

When the last walker fell to the ground, a sense of happiness ran through the entire group as they all met at the middle of the open field.

   a/n this episode jumped scenes so much so its very spotty