58. unfamiliar faces.

ACT TWO
(unfamiliar faces)

    VERONÍCA STUMBLED ALONG the tracks, she didn't know where she was going. She just hoped the dehydration hallucinations would stop following her around.

"You killed me, man."

The woman no longer bothered replying to T-dog, after hours of begging the man to stop. She had enough, she knew deep down it wasn't T-dog. Yet, that didn't make his words hurt any less.

"She killed me too.. Hell, she ripped me apart.." A new voice emerged making the woman turn around. Wanting to see who had joined her.

The Governor.

His usual eyepatch was still there, along with the long wound that she had made. The one that when from his ribs to below his belly button. The one that made him begin to bleed out.

"You deserved it." Veroníca mumbled, knowing that the man wasn't actually here but still feeling the need to reply.

After all, she had no one else to talk to, so she figured talking to her dehydration hallucinations was better than feeling lonely. Even if none of them were actually here.

"Did I deserve it?" T-dog asked again, this time making Veroníca stop in her tracks.

"No, no.. You didn't."

The women's words seemed to mean nothing, seeing as T-dog continued to ask the same question. This time in a much louder voice.

So as he yelled the question over and over at the exhausted woman, she couldn't help but cover her ears. Hoping eventually it would stop.

Unfortunately for her, as soon as his voice stopped a new one filled her ears. This one only saying one word.

"Claimed."

-

GO TO TERMINUS
SASHA, MAGGIE, BOB.

    Glenn stood outside a tunnel, feeling the wet walker blood as he spoke. "We're gaining on them. It's still wet."

"We sure as Shinola can't go up and over.. How 'bout around?" Abraham asked Glenn, making his way to stand beside the man.

"No.. That'll take a day, maybe more.. If they went through, i'm going through. We're close. The sooner we reach them, the sooner they can help me find my family."

"Shut up a second." Abraham commanded, making the group listen. Faint walker snarls filled their ears before the redhead continued. "You hear that? That there is a long, dark tunnel full of reanimated corpses. I don't have full certainty that I can get Eugene through there alive. My recommendation would be take the day, make the detour and play it safe.. But I know you're not gonna do that. So, this is where we gotta part ways. I'm sorry. You're on your own."

"No, you're not." Tara added, limping closer to Glenn as she did so.

Glenn smiled at her, hating the guilt he currently felt. He knew she felt bad about what happened and he had used it to get help finding them. Glenn knew it was wrong but it was too late to change it.