17. growing hatred.

-

ACT ONE
(growing hatred)

    VERONÍCA HATED Shane. It started with the fact that the man was similar to Rory's dad, now it was because he wasn't worthy of any kindness and she knew that.

So as she watched as he yelled at Rick, her hatred only grew. "These things right here! They killed Amy. They killed Otis. They gonna kill all of us next!"

"Shane, shut up!" Rick yelled, struggling to keep the walker on his pole steady.

Shane didn't listened to his friend, instead he began yelling at Hershel. "Hershel, man. Let me ask you something. Could a living, breathing person.. Could they walk away from this?"

Shane then fired three bullets, each one hitting the walker that Hershel had on his pole.

At the sound, Veroníca immediately covered Rory's ears as Lori and her shared a fearful look. "Stop this!" Rick yelled.

"Three rounds to the chest! Someone who's alive, could they just take that? Why is it still coming?" Shane pointed and then fired two more bullets at the walker. "That's its heart! Its lungs! Why is it still coming?"

"Shane, enough!" Rick screamed, still struggling with the walker on his pole.

"You right, man." Shane agreed, walking closer to the walker. "That is enough." He then shot the creature in the head, making it drop to the ground. Along with a heartbroken Hershel.

The fearful silence that hung in the air after that didn't last long, seeing as Shane began yelling again. "Enough. Risking our life for a little girl who's gone! Enough living next to a barn full of things that are trying to kill us! Enough! Rick, it ain't like it was before.. Now, if y'all wanna live. If y'all wanna survive, you gotta fight for it. Right here. Right now."

The man then ran towards the barn, more fear filling everybody's chests.

As Rick began to beg Hershel to take the snare pole, Shane began cutting the bolts that held the barn door close.

Veroníca watched for another moment before giving in and taking the snare pole out of Rick's hands. He didn't have time to thank the woman as he rushed towards Shane.

Unfortunately, he wasn't fast enough. Seeing as when the man was a few feet away from his friend, the barn doors finally broke fully open.

"What did you do?" Rick mumbled, taking multiple steps away from the barn as walkers began making their way out.

Immediately when they walked out the shooting began. So while Lori stayed back to cover the children's ears, Veroníca struggled with the snare pole.

The shooting continued as more and more of the creatures exited the barn.

Hershel was heartbroken, having to watch as his dead family members and friends bodies dropped to the ground.

Just as Veroníca began pitying the man, the walker on her snare pole dropped to the ground, making her stumble a bit.

But she didn't help.

Instead she turned around, sitting beside Lori and the children. Frowning as she heard Carl's cries.

She instructed her son to cover his ears, which he did. She then covered his eyes as she continued watching.