55. governor's revenge.

ACT TWO
(governor's revenge)

     AIDEN STOOD BESIDE Daryl, his damp hair which smelt of evergreen shampoo filling his senses,  while Rick nervously began to explain why him and Daryl were here.

"I found out who killed Karen and David, who slit Veroníca's throat.. It—It was Carol—"

"—Are you serious?" Aiden butt in, his arms crossed as his eyebrows remained furrowed. When Rick nodded once, he continued. "Where is she?"

Rick paused seeming like he didn't want to share her location, making Aiden re-state his question. This time with much more anger in his voice. "Where the fuck is she, Rick?"

"She was a threat.. She is a threat. I couldn't have her living here anymore. Not around the group, not around Veroníca." Rick finally explained, shifting his weight in between his legs. "She's gone."

Daryl began pacing at his words, torn between who to side with. He did love Veroníca, but he also loved Carol.

Carol was like a mother-figure for the man, and now Carol was gone.

While Daryl was upset, Aiden was pissed. He needed to avenge his sister, he knew that. He wished Rick would've left Carol here, let Aiden kill her, rather than letting her go.

"Tell me the direction she went." Aiden demanded, not getting an answer from Rick as Daryl began yelling at their leader.

"Man, you couldn't have waited till we got back?"

"Until Tyreese got back? Until he got back?" Rick replied, gesturing to Aiden who still appeared livid. "She killed two of our own. She tried to kill Roníca. She couldn't be here——She's gonna be all right. She has a car, supplies—"

"—You should've let her fucking starve."

Daryl raised his hand, pointed a finger at Aiden for a second as he took a threatening step forward. "Stop saying shit like that."

"She tried to kill my sister!—She tried to kill our sister.. Are you seriously feeling bad for her right now? Atleast—Atleast the walkers will tear her to shreds before I get the chance."

Daryl didn't think before delivering a punch to Aiden's jaw.

While Aiden's head whipped sideways at the sudden contact, he quickly refocused his eyes on Daryl going to return the punch.

Unfortunately, before he could, Rick grabbed onto him. He held the man back, yelling at the duo as he pushed Aiden further away from Daryl. Now standing in-between the pair. "Stop! Stop! That's enough!"

Daryl glared at the man, Aiden returning the glare before scoffing. "Fuck you, man." He mumbled making his way out of the cellblock. Knowing if he stayed he wouldn't be able to stop himself from beating Daryl's ass.

-

      Aiden slowed down his walking as his eyes caught onto two small figures in the distance. His furrowed his eyebrows at the sight, immediately yelling for the pair. "Rory, Andre!"

The kids heads whipped towards him, fear in Andre's face while Rory just seemed nervous.

Aiden walked quickly towards them, only speaking once he reached them. "What the hell are you two doing out of the cellblock?"