74. we'll make it.

ACT THREE
        (we'll make it)

    Veroníca peeked inside the barn, her knife in her hand just incase anything happened. Currently Maggie, Glenn, Rick, Daryl and Aiden explored the barn; making sure it was empty. The rest of the group opted with waiting in the pouring rain.

They didn't wait for long seeing as Glenn made his way back over to them. Gesturing them inside. "It's clear." He spoke, moving the barn door all the way open. Only closing it behind him when all of the group had made it inside.

Vee's eyes followed Rory, watching as he and Andre rushed to pick a spot to lay their sleeping bags. Choosing a spot close to the wall, in the corner.

"You okay?" Glenn's voice came from beside the woman, causing her head to shoot towards him. Only now noticing that her group had already began to get comfortable, leaving the couple standing alone by the entrance.

"Yes—just thinking."

"About?" Glenn pressed, grabbing onto her hand as he lead her to a nearby empty spot. Listening intently to her response while he laid his sleeping bag down.

Veroníca laid hers down beside his as she spoke, her voice quiet. "Everything, i'm tired of walking—i'm tired of Rory not having a secure home."

Glenn nodded at her words, finishing setting up his sleeping bag as he did so. He then sat down on it, gesturing for the woman to sit beside him. Which she gladly did.

"I get it, it—it sucks not having a place but we're alive.. And we fought our asses off trying to stay alive, we'll fight to find a place." Glenn reassured, moving some of her damp hair off of her cheek.

Vee stared at the man for a moment longer before ultimately nodding, trying to push away her doubts. "I guess—I hope the next place is permanent.. No more running."

"I hope so too."

Veroníca didn't reply for a minute, pondering on what to say next. Opting with something that had been on her mind. "Glenn, do you actually love me?"

"Yeah—yeah, of course I do, Vee." Glenn stuttered for a moment, taken back by the question. "I wouldn't have said it if I didn't mean it.. I know it's not a good time to admit it—I was going to wait until we found a place.. Until we settled, but I couldn't wait anymore."

Veroníca smiled shyly at his words, her head tilting.

"I love you." She spoke, repeating her words from earlier. This time in a much more intimate tone.

"I love you." Glenn replied, the smile not leaving his face.

He then placed his hand on her cheek, pulling the woman's face towards him. Placing a long and much needed kiss on her lips.

When they pulled away, Vee pecked his cheek once more. Noticing the light pink blush across her boyfriend's cheeks. "Can I tell you something?"

Glenn nodded, not verbally answering as he waited for her to continue.

Veroníca was nervous about her next topic, she also knew she needed to bring it up. After all, she had been holding off on talking about it for weeks; and the woman knew that Glenn needed to know.

Nonetheless the logic didn't make her hands less shaky, her voice coming out a bit unsure as she spoke. Her tone much more serious.

"Rory talked to me about something—when we were headed to DC.." Veroníca paused, glancing over to her son. Who was currently whispering to Aiden and Andre. "He talked about his dad—he doesn't know him but he was asking about you being his dad. I think he was asking me permission to call you dad.. He didn't ask—he just—hinted?"