50. strange symptoms.

ACT TWO
(strange symptoms)

Veroníca smiled downwards at Glenn. The duo had currently laid in one of the now-ruined guard towers.

After their conversation last night, Glenn insisted the duo should sleep in the guard tower; that way they didn't have to squeeze onto the bottom bunk.

Veroníca obviously complied, which is why the duo were in the guard tower.

Veroníca had woken up moments prior, using her free time to examine a sleeping Glenn. She smiled to herself as she did so, looking very intently at the man.

She stared at his cheekbones, and the few freckles that were dotted under one of his eyes. Glenn Rhee was a beautiful person, and Veroníca was just glad she got to witness that.

Her staring didn't cease when Glenn began slowly opening his eyes, a smile coming to his face as he met eye contact with the woman. "Goodmorning, Vee."

"Goodmorning Glenn."

"Were you just—were you just staring at me?" Glenn asked, his voice coming out a bit raspy as he did.

Veroníca reluctantly nodded, placing a hand onto Glenn's face as she did so. "It's hard not to—Have you seen yourself? You're so pretty, boy scout."

"Boy Scout?" A light pink tint covered the man's cheeks, making Veroníca smile wider to herself.

"Mhm. Seemed fitting with the information you told me yesterday—" Glenn cut the woman off, placing a soft hand over her mouth as he shook his head at her.

Veroníca giggled into the man's hand, making Glenn remove his hand before kissing her arm.

They then fell back into a peaceful silence, Veroníca placing a sweet kiss onto Glenn's cheek before she broke the silence once more. "Aren't you suppose to be on guard duty this morning?"

Glenn sighed at her words, hesitatingly nodding his head. "Yeah, i'd rather stay here, though."

"I'm sure you would but—" Veroníca paused seeing as Glenn had groaned at her words, knowing she was about to get up. "—I'm suppose to help with breakfast again today."

"Does Joshua work with you today?" Veroníca hummed in response, not noticing Glenn's now annoyed look. "I don't like him."

"Why's that?"

Glenn just shrugged at her words. Humming to himself, seeing as his reasoning was a little embarrassing. Atleast to him it was.

Veroníca quickly realized he wasn't going to reply, making her continue. "Well, I'm sure he isn't fond of you, either." the woman teased.

She then went to stand up.

As soon as she did so, Glenn tightened his hold on her. Placing kisses along her tanned cheek in hopes she'd stay beside him.

She smiled at the action, eventually forcing herself to pull away. She then stood up fully, stretching a bit before turning to leave.

Glenn frowned at this, his frown turning upwards when she turned back around. Placing a quick peck on his lips. "Bye, Glenn."

"Bye, Vee." He replied hazily, his eyes filled with adoration as he watched her exit the small room he was in.