36. merle dixon.

ACT TWO
(merle dixon)

THE GROUP ate in silence, nobody felt like talking after current events so the silence wasn't a shock. What was a shock was when Rick's voice filled the air, pulling everyone's attention to him. "Everybody okay?"

"Yeah, we are. We got Roníca back." Maggie spoke up, smiling at her friend as she did so.

"Good. Glad you're okay." Rick spoke to Veroníca, nodding his head once before changing the topic. "I cleared out the boiler block."

"How many were there?" Daryl asked from his seat on the stairs.

"I don't know. A dozen, two dozen.. I have to get back, just wanted to check on Carl."

"Rick, we can handle taking out the bodies." Glenn butt in, standing up from his spot to get closer to their leader. "You don't have to."

"No, I do... Does everyone have a gun and a knife?"

"Yeah, we're running low on ammo, though." Daryl answered the man.

"I was planning on making a run this afternoon.. I found a phone book with some places we can hit, look for bullets and formula."

"I'll go." Veroníca added, instantly making Glenn shake his head.

"No. No. We just got you back."

"I'm going." Veroníca repeated making Glenn sigh as he opted with talking to her about it later, in private.

Daryl cut the two off as he changed the topic. "We cleared out the generator room. Axel's there tryin' to fix it. Incase of emergency. We're gonna sweep the lower levels as well. Veroníca said she didn't see Carol die.. Could be alive down there."

"Good. Good." Rick replied, nodding before exiting the area again. He ignored as Hershel yelled after him, closing the cell-door behind him.

As soon as Rick was out of sight, the same silence filled the group. Glenn being the first one to break it. "Vee, can I talk to you?"

Veroníca nodded, standing up and placing a kiss on Rory's head before heading to the duo's shared cell. Glenn close behind her.

As soon as the pair were in the cell block, Glenn spoke up. "I don't think you should go on the run."

"Well, I am."

"Veroníca.. I—What if something happens? Something like what happened a few—"

The woman stopped her friend as she held her hand up, instantly making him stop talking. "Glenn, nothing is going to happen. Okay?——I'm going."

Glenn sighed, his frown turning upwards when Veroníca teasingly pinched the man's cheek. "You being worried for me is cute, miel, but it'll be okay."

The woman then dropped her hand, making her way further away from the man who now held a light pink tint on his cheeks.

-

    Aiden wiped the blood off of his machete and onto his jeans. While normally he didn't mind blood, seeing as it was walker blood. The fact that he knew the blood on the machete belonged to humans was enough to make the man gag.