63. the priest.

( tw !! heavily implied religious trauma, mention of homophobia )

ACT TWO
(the priest)

    GLENN AND VEE stood on the sides of Rory, currently they had been holding onto his hands. Swinging him off the ground as he giggled at the action.

While the group had no place to go, the child's laughter had calmed them all down a little. Even making Rick smile at the sound.

Bob and Sasha had been quietly talking to one another, the pair had recently gotten much closer. Making it obvious to everyone around them that they had feelings for one another.

The happy feeling of the group came to an abrupt stop when a scream filled their ears. Making both Veroníca and Glenn place Rory back onto his own feet. Pulling out their weapons.

"Help! Anybody help!" The screaming continued, the group watching as Carl begged his dad to help whoever was screaming.

Rick eventually caved, signaling his followers to follow behind him. Which they did, growing closer and closer to the screaming.

       When they reached the scene, Veroníca was the first to act. She aimed her knife, throwing it straight into the skull of one of the walkers.

The walker dropped at the impact, the group jumping in as they slammed the other walkers heads into the rock.

The same rock that the terrified stranger laid on, watching as the group had killed the walkers that had once attempted to reach him.

Once all the walkers were on the ground, the man reluctantly began crawling off the rock. Rick commanding his group as he waited for the man.

"Keep watch!" Rick yelled to Glenn, who nodded once at his words before walking further away.

As Glenn got further, the man's feet landed on the ground. Letting the group get a good look at him.

He was bald, and he wore a priest's outfit. While the outfit raised a few eyebrows, none of them said anything while Rick questioned the man. "You okay?"

The man then held a finger up, signaling Rick to be wait before kneeling to the ground. Emptying his stomach onto the grass beside him.

Veroníca and Aiden looked away at the sight, waiting until the man was finished to look back.

"Sorry." The stranger apologized, standing up once more. "Yes, thank you.. I'm Gabriel."

"Do you have any weapons on you?"

"Do I look like I would have any weapons?" Gabriel sarcastically asked, making Veroníca stifle a laugh.

"We don't give a shit what you look like, answer the damn question." Aiden butt in, making Gabriel finally answer Rick. This time much more respectfully.

"I have no weapons of any kind. The word of God is the only protection I need."

"Sure, didn't look like it." Daryl replied, making Gabriel turn to face him.

"I called for help. Help came... Do you have—have any food? Whatever, I had left just hit the ground." Gabriel asked nervously, looking around the group.