56. loneliness is a fate worse than death.

ACT TWO
(loneliness is a fate worse than death)

VERONÍCA LAID ON THE GRASS, feeling completely heartbroken as she replayed the events in her mind. If it wasn't for the current pain in her neck, she would've felt completely numb.

Veroníca Hayes had killed The Governor.

While she didn't regret killing him, she did regret leaving the prison. She killed the man who haunted her dreams, but at the worst cost.

Rory was gone, Aiden was gone, Glenn was gone and Veroníca was left completely and utterly alone.

In a normal world she would've enjoyed the silence, the peace. But not anymore, in fact she loathed it.

The silence only left her with intrusive thoughts, as well as realization that her family was probably dead.

There was no use in denying it any longer, she had spent the night completely alone which was more than enough proof.

Veroníca Hayes was never use to the loneliness, throughout the entirety of the apocalypse. The woman had been lucky enough to always have someone.

Rory was one of the constant people who stayed by her side, always being a dependent factor in the ever changing world, but not anymore.

Now Rory was gone. Deep down the woman wished it wasn't true, but the pit in her stomach never diminished; convincing her that the person she loved most was truly gone.

Honestly, despite Veroníca's tough exterior. The woman knew she couldn't handle being alone. Sooner or later it would be the death of her.

She just didn't know how long it would take for her to finally crack.

-

Aiden walked beside Tyreese, keeping his hands placed onto his belt as the trio of children examined a bush.

The bush held a few bunches of grapes, Mica being the first to ask about them. "Can we eat them?"

"Yeah, they're good." As soon as Tyreese agreed Rory pulled one of the stems off the bush, tossing two grapes into his mouth.

After he did so, he attempted to hand the grapes to his uncle. Who waved off the food, turning his head to Tyreese when the baby in his arms began crying.

Tyreese rocked Judith, shushing her as he attempted to keep her quiet.

All his attempts were failing, making him order Lizzie. "Lizzie, hand me a diaper."

The blonde girl nodded, pulling the diaper out of her backpack before handing it to the man. Tyreese took it with an appreciative nod, placing a blanket onto the ground in front of him.

As he began changing the baby on the blanket, Rory slowly began kicking a few pebbles at his feet. He was clearly upset, but due to the current events no one bothered asking why.

After all, they all had a good guess on why the normally-happy boy was feeling down.

"Sh.." Tyreese spoke, finishing up changing the diaper while Mica anxiously looked around. "It's okay. I know, I know."