44. andrea's reunion.

ACT TWO
(andrea's reunion)

RICK WALKED towards the group just after he had given Maggie the key to the guard tower. After he commanded the woman to take watch, he begin talking to the rest of the group near the stairs. "Field's filled with walkers. Didn't see any snipers out there, but we'll keep Maggie on watch."

"I'll get up in the guard tower." Daryl suggested. "Take out half them walkers, give these guys a chance to fix the fence."

"Or use some of the cars to put the bus in place."

"We can't do any of that without wasting ammo. Ammo we don't have." Aiden replied glancing at the floor just as Glenn joined them.

"So we're trapped in here. There's barely any food or ammo."

"Been here before. We'll be 'lright." Daryl replied. Veroníca smiled softly at this, knowing the man was trying his best to help his friend remain positive. Which was not something the man regularly did.

"That's when it was just us. Before there was a snake in the nest." Glenn answered, subtly gesturing to the other cell area. Knowing Merle was in there.

"Man, we gonna go through this again? Look, Merle's staying here. He's with us now. Get used to it. All y'all." Daryl then stormed up the stairs, ignoring Rick trying and failing to calm him down.

When Daryl was out of earshot, Glenn was quick to plead his case again. "Seriously, Rick, I don't think Merle living here is really gonna fly."

"I can't kick him out."

"You're the leader, Rick. You can kick him out." Veroníca reminded.

"It's not that simple."

At Rick's denial, Glenn spoke again. This time with much more anger in his voice. "I wouldn't ask you to live with Shane after he tried to kill you!"

"Merle has military experience. He may be erratic, but don't underestimate his loyalty to his brother."

Glenn ignored Hershel's words, glancing at Veroníca once before seeming to remember something. "Ronnie was right. Two birds one stone."

"What?" Veroníca questioned, not seeming to remember the suggestion she had made earlier that day.

Glenn didn't reply to this either, keeping his eyes trained on Rick. "We deliver Merle to the governor. Bargaining chip. Give him his traitor, maybe declare a truce."

"He'll calm his tits." Aiden repeated the words his sister had previously said, smiling as he nodded. "It's a good plan."

"We aren't having this discussion. Not now."
Rick replied, seeming pissed as he commanded the group around him to stop.

"Then when? We need a solution now. Daryl will get over it." Aiden scoffed, crossing his arms over his chest as he did so.

"Enough." With this, Rick then began walking towards the cell opening. Not bothering listening to the group's pleas to have him turn around.

Unfortunately for Rick, before he could exit. Maggie running back inside with Carl stopped him in his tracks. "Someone's coming."