38. unwarranted embarrassment.

( TW — sexual assault !! )

ACT TWO
(unwarranted embarrassment)

  VERONÍCA REPETITIVELY hit her head on the table, at first it was to drown out the sound of Glenn being beat. Now, it sent a piercing pain through her brain.

While she hated the pain, she would rather think about it than think about Glenn being in pain. So she continued.

Her banging only came to a stop when someone tapped her head.

She flinched at the touch, sitting up straight in her chair as she looked at the stranger across from her.

The man was tall. She estimated he was at least a foot taller than her, if she was standing up. He had brown hair and a trimmed face.

He didn't talk, he just stared at Veroníca. Pulling his knife out as he got closer to her.

When he walked behind her she kept her eyes trained on him, turning her head as far as she could to watch him.

He smirked at her wariness, slicing through the duct tape around her hands. "Hello."

Veroníca didn't reply, crossing her arms over her chest as he walked to the seat in front of her. He pulled it out, talking to the woman once more. "May I?"

"I'd rather you not."

The governor laughed at this, sitting down before he adjusted himself in his seat. "Feisty one, aren't you?"

Veroníca immediately changed the topic, not bothering with small talk. "Is Glenn okay?"

"He's fine.. We'll take you both back to your people, explain this was all just a misunderstanding. You tell us where they are and we'll drive you there."

"Bullshit. Let me talk to him."

"I can't allow that. You people are dangerous... Handcuffed my man to a roof, forced him to amputate his own hand."

"I don't know anything about that." Veroníca shrugged, a smirk appearing on her lips. "What I do know, is by the looks of him.. the hijo de perra deserved it."

"We've all made mistakes. Tell you what, you tell us where they are and we'll bring them here. You'll be safe, I promise."

"No."

"No?" The Governor repeated, a hint of anger in his laugh as he continued. "Fine, let's try something else. Stand up."

"No."

"Stand up." The governor repeated, leaning closer towards Veroníca making her reluctantly listen.

As soon as the woman stood up, the man smiled checking her out once before continuing. "Take off your shirt."

"Fuck you." Veroníca replied, subtly glancing around her for an exit point.

Unfortunately just as she realized there was none in sight, the man spoke again. "Take off your shirt, or i'll bring Glenn's hand in here."