45. the discovery.

ACT TWO
(the discovery)

VERONÍCA PLACED the now-loaded shotgun back onto the table, feeling Merle's eyes watching her as she did. At the feeling, she looked up. While Merle smiled at the woman, all he received back was a harsh glare.

Glenn caught onto this quickly, placing a soft hand onto Veroníca's lower arm while sending Merle a glance as-well.

He then removed his hand, looking across the table full of guns, at Carl. "Carl, come here."

The boy complied, rounding the table to reach Glenn. As soon as he did he was handed ammo. "You stash these at the loading dock. All right? Rory, put more up on the catwalk."

Rory nodded from his spot next to Veroníca, moving to stand inbetween Glenn and his Mama as he grabbed the ammo.

"If anyone gets pinned down, we need to make sure that they have plenty of ammo." Glenn spoke sternly, pausing before grabbing a gun. "I'll go work on the cage outside."

When he started walking out of the room, Merle spoke up. Mainly directing his words to Glenn. "What we should be doing is loading some of this firepower in a truck and paying a visit to the Governor. We know where he is right now."

"What'do you know. The racista said something right." Aiden mumbled, still replacing bullets in a few of the guns.

Glenn ignored Aiden's remark, replying to Merle. "Are you suggesting that we just go in and kill him?"

"Yeah, I am."

"We told Rick and Daryl that we'd stay put." Michonne butt in, pausing the task at hand to glare at the man.

"I've changed my mind, sweetheart."

"Don't fuckin' call her that." Aiden warned, picking up his machete for a quick threat.

Merle spared him a glance, smiling at the fact that he had pissed him off before continuing. "Being on the sideline with my brother out there. Ain't sitting right with me."

"The three of them are right in the middle of it. No idea we're coming. They could get taken hostage or killed. A thousand things could go wrong."

"And they will."

"My dad can take care of himself."

"Sorry, son. Your dad's head could be on a stick real soon." Merle replied, not noticing Carl had left the cellblock in the middle of his sentence.

"Don't say that to him." Maggie muttered, shaking her head at Merle.

The man just shrugged, not caring much about possibly traumatizing the boy.

Glenn glanced between Merle and Veroníca before speaking. "It's not the right move. Not now. Can't take the risk of putting them in the crossfire. That's my decision. It's final."

Glenn then exited the cellblock, Rory leaving as well.

Veroníca silently continued the task at hand, only stopping when the gun was harshly ripped from her hand. She made eye contact with the man who now held her gun, not shocked to realize it was Merle.