18. carpool karaoke.

-

ACT ONE
(carpool karaoke)

   VERONÍCA PLACED her palms over her eyes as she spoke. The woman currently stood beside Dale. While Dale leaned on a nearby car, he watched the woman intently.

"He's such a dick." the woman said, sniffling a bit.

Although it took a-lot to get the woman upset, Shane raising a hand at her was her final straw.

While she tried to brush it off, she eventually couldn't which resulted in the woman ranting about it to the father-figure of the group. Dale.

Dale was happy to listen, after all his fatherly relationship with Andrea was far gone. Veroníca was like a temporary fill-in.

Which she didn't mind seeing as she was far too embarrassed to rant to anyone else.

"I've never trusted him." Dale admitted, shaking his head at the thought of Shane. "I believe he sacrificed Otis."

Before Veroníca could ask more about the theory, footsteps turned both their attention away.

"Speak of the devil." Veroníca mumbled, as her and Dale watched Shane walk to his truck.

The man had took a seat in the truck before turning his head to stare right back at the pair. The staring went on for a moment longer until he eventually stood up, walking over to Veroníca and Dale.

"Do y'all got something to say? Huh?"

When neither answered, Shane crossed his arms. "Let me ask y'all something. What do y'all do? What do y'all do to keep this camp safe? What, you fix up an RV? You gossip? You babysit some guns? Man.. You pointed one at my chest, Right? But you just—you couldn't pull that trigger, could you? I smashed that barn open. I saved Carl."

"Carl wasn't in danger." Veroníca finally spoke making Shane more upset.

"You wouldn't know. You don't even watch your own kid half the time! You got yourself a damn babysitter! So don't tell me that shit. I protected Carl. Not Rick, Me!"

Veroníca took a deep breath at the words. The woman then took a step forward, brushing off Dale's arm when he pulled her sleeve back.

She then slapped the man across the face. His head didn't move at the impact. Instead, the man scoffed before beginning to walk away. "Tell you what, next time I need gossip or a radiator hose.. I'll give y'all a call."

He then got back in his truck. Slamming the door as the engine started.

As the blue truck began driving away, a silence seeped through the air. While Dale watched the truck get farther and farther away, Veroníca looked at the ground.

When more footsteps began approaching, Veroníca was the only one to look up. This time it was Aiden walking toward them.

Before he could tell them what he came to tell them, Veroníca threw her hands around the man.

Aiden reluctantly hugged back. Although the man hated hugs, he could tell by his sister's heavy breathing that she needed one.

So as he continued hugging her, Dale eventually wandered off. As soon as he did, Veroníca pulled away. "I really hate Shane."