46. the missing outsiders.

ACT TWO
(the missing outsiders)

ALOT HAD HAPPENED since Rick's meeting with the governor yesterday. While the group had been tiredly preparing for the war, Rick had been sneaking around with Merle, Daryl and Hershel.

Since telling them about his plans to give the Governor both Aiden and Michonne, in hopes of saving everyone else, he had been scavenging for supplies in order to make the swap.

Currently, Glenn had been fixing one of the broken gates. Only stopping when Daryl had walked towards him, speaking up. "You seen Merle around?"

Glenn only glanced back, not bothering replying seeing as he want to think of Merle. Much less talk about him.

Daryl got the hint, helping him with the gate before bringing his brother up again. "He say he was sorry yet? 'Cause he is."

Glenn once again didn't reply, this time moving away from Daryl as he set up some of his supplies onto a nearby cafeteria table. "He's gon' make it right. I'm gon' make him. There's got to be a way... Just needs to be a little forgiveness, that's all."

"He tied me to a chair, beat me, and threw a walker in the room. Maybe I could call it even. But he—he took Ronnie to a man who terrorized her, embarrassed her. I care more about her than I care about me."

Daryl didn't reply, understanding his friend's wary feelings. Instead, he tightened his grip on his crossbow. Leaving Glenn to work on the gate while he went and looked for Merle.

As Daryl continued walking further away from Glenn, he passed Rory who happened to be running enthusiastically towards his friend.

At the new quicker footsteps, Glenn turned his head. Smiling at the sight of the young boy. "Rory." He dragged as Rory stood across the table from him.

"Glenn! I learned something."

"Really?" Glenn questioned, squinting his eyes due to the sun. "Well, go on." He smiled, ushering the kid to show him.

Rory nodded, pulling out his hello-kitty knife before he suddenly struck a pose. Glenn furrowed his eyes a bit, keeping the smile on his face as he place down the items in his hand.

The boy then sliced the knife through the air, saying Hi-ya as he slammed the knife into an imaginary walker.

As he finished, he wiped the imaginary blood onto his pants before a cocky smile appeared on his face. "Did you know there are twenty two bones in your skull?"

"No way."

"Yes way.. When the governor comes i'm going to crush all twenty-two of his." Rory threatened with a very confident smile still on his face.

While Glenn took note that the boy was sounding much more like Carl, seeing as Carl was the more violent of the two kids, he brushed it off fairly quickly. "I'm sure you will."

Rory smiled wider at this, glancing at the items on the table. "What are you doing?"

"Fixing the gate. Can't have anything getting in. Walker or humans."

At Glenn's explanation, Rory glanced between the man and the gate before questioning him again. "Can I help?"

"Uh—yeah, can you go get your uncle to help too? The gate's kind of heavy."