57. harsh reality.

ACT TWO
(harsh reality)

      GLENN WALKED ALONGSIDE TARA. He didn't really know the woman, all he knew was that she was on the Governor's side but didn't help him during the war.

He didn't necessarily like her company, but he did know he needed help; and Tara had happened to be left at the prison after it all, awaiting her death.

The two had been set out on a mission, one that Glenn informed Tara about yet. He had just told her that he needed her help. "Did you see if any of my people got out?"

"All I saw was my sister in that field. She wasn't suppose to be there. She had a gun, but they just swarmed her." Tara explained, her voice cracking. "She wasn't suppose to be there. I did it for him. I trusted him—And then he just killed that old man."

Glenn stopped in his tracks at this, shock filling his features. "Hershel? Was his name Hershel?"

Tara stopped as well, turning around as a frown filled her features. She nodded reluctantly causing Glenn's heart to sink in his chest.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.. Brian—that man—told us you were bad people. I know it's not true. I can see it's not, so what we did, what I did. I mean, i'm a piece of shit.. Why would you want my help?"

Tara began walking away, stopping only when Glenn called her back. "I don't want it. I need it.. I have to find Veroníca and Rory."

"Who's Veroníca and Rory?"

"She's my girlfriend, he's my kid.." Glenn answered, his lips turning downwards a bit as he remember them.

"You guys got separated?"

"I—I didn't see them, Veroníca left the cellblock and she just.. Rory was with the other kids."

"How do you know they made it?" Tara asked, taking a step closer to Glenn as she did.

"I don't know.. Hershel was a great man. He told me all I had to do was believe, and that's what i'm gonna do.. Neither one of us should be alive right now. They had to have gotten out, so you're gonna help me find them.. Things aren't over." Glenn finished, watching around Tara who followed behind him. Replying with a doubtful voice.

"I want to believe that.. I want to."

"You have to." Glenn replied just as a few walkers began walking towards them, the snarls made Glenn turn his head towards them.

He pulled out a dagger, slamming it into one of the walkers heads as soon as he reached it.

Despite killing that walker, when another one went to attack him, Tara stepped in.

She began beating the walker with end of her gun, only stopping when the corpse stopped moving. She then turned to face Glenn again, shocked to see that the man was now on the ground. Passed out.

She rushed towards him, shaking him as she called his name. "Glenn. Glenn. Hey, Glenn."

She continued to shake the man, whipping her head around when the sound of a car filled her ears.

When her eyes caught sight of the large vehicle she stood up, immediately yelling at the vehicle full of strangers. "Hope you enjoyed the show, assholes."

Her words only caused the doors to open, three strangers getting out of the military-like truck as they did so. There was a redhead, a woman, as well as a man with a mullet.

The redhead seemed kind of amused by Tara's words, being the first to speak up. "You got a damn mouth on you, you know that?—What else you got?"

-