15. screaming match.

-

ACT ONE
(screaming match)

GLENN CONTINUED looking back and forth between Maggie and Dale. The man was exhausted. He was both physically and mentally drained.

The stress of the secret followed behind an eventful day prior, making the man even more drained.

Seeing as yesterday his friend almost got bit on a pharmacy run that he took her on, and today he had to decide whether or not to tell about the barn full of walkers.

His decision only got harder due to the fact that Dale and Maggie both stared intently at the man.

As Maggie stood on the porch shaking her head, Dale stood a little ways away, nodding. This continued for awhile, altogether making Glenn sigh before turning to the woman across from him.

As they made eye contact, the smile she sent him sent a wave of clarity over the man. "Can you tell the group?" Glenn whispered, ignoring Maggie's disappointed and slightly jealous look.

"Uh—right now?" Veroníca asked, in the middle of scraping the rest of her food onto her brother's and son's plates.

"Yes, please, Vee."

"Tell the group about what, exactly?" Aiden questioned making Glenn scratch his neck in nervousness.

His nervousness came to a halt as Veroníca abruptly stood up, mumbling to her brother. "Guess you'll find out."

She then walked to the middle area of the group, snapping her fingers to gather their attention.

When a few of them looked up, Veroníca nervously began. "Okay, Uh—Well—"

"Spit it out." Shane finally grumbled, subtly glaring at the woman.

"Yeah. Sorry.." Veroníca said, closing her eyes tightly as she finally said it. "The barn is full of walkers and Hershel's family put them there."

At Veroníca's rushed sentence, the group slowly looked at her in shock, Shane muttering a what the hell before he hopped out of his seat. "You're just now telling us?"

"It's not my secret to tell—"

"—We all coulda died! This isn't about some damn secret spilling!" Shane said, raising his voice which made Glenn and Aiden immediately stepped in-between the duo.

"Hey, hey.. Uh—I told her not to tell.." Glenn said, watching intently as Shane took a step away from the woman before he did so as well. "I didn't know how to tell you guys."

"So you're telling me.. You decided sending an outsider to tell us about a threat.. Was that really the best idea, Glenn?" Shane said, glaring as Aiden placed a harsh hand onto his chest.

"You need to calm down, dude." Aiden said, harshly looking at the man as Andrea pulled Shane back a bit.

"Calm down? Calm down?! We could've all died because your sister didn't tell us sooner!" Shane yelled, groaning before he abruptly began speed-walking towards the barn.