𝑸𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒔𝒌𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒕𝒉

Chapter IV: Prelude, Act I, Part III

"...My Prince..." You stared at him speechlessly while holding to Paimon tightly. You looked around for a moment and saw no sign of Kaeya standing behind you. You looked back at him with a smile while Paimon is in your hand while Aether looked shocked when he heard Dainsleif call you Prince.

You gulped. You barely remember your time in Khaenri'ah and you are aware of your status but you don't know how did you treat him in the past. You weren't sure how were you supposed to react but well, it's probably better if you pretend that you didn't know what is he on about.

"Huh? What?" You asked, wasn't sure if you were doing the right move. He furrowed his eyebrows and just cleared his throat.

"I thought I saw someone familiar." He stated as you just raised your eyebrows but didn't question further and sat next to Aether. "So... that guy and the little one he is holding..." He trailed off, hoping that Aether would answer.

"Ahh... Both of them are my best friends." Aether answered, rather hesitantly, and been giving you glances for some reason. You wondered what got him so worked up for a moment there. You noticed that Dainsleif also glanced at you for a moment.

He looked back at Aether seems rather cold but then again, he had been like this for quite some time. "It's indeed a good thing to have someone accompany you on your travels. My name's Dainsleif. I suppose you have some business with me?" He questioned as Aether nodded.

"Well, I was hoping to invite you to adventure with us..." Aether said which Dainsleif immediately agreed that shocked him as well.

"But I will require advance payment." He stated as Aether looked at you in nervous. Mora isn't something that he has given the strenuous amount of Mora he had to spend on food for Paimon. Not to mention the maintenance fee for his weapon. You wondered how much Mora he had left... does he even have 500 Mora?

After all, you did leave them alone for a few days. You patted his head and smiled at him before turning to Dainsleif. "If it's regarding Mora, I'll pay for it on behalf of him but you seem like you wanted to ask a few questions to him as well?" You questioned as he raised his eyebrows.

"...That's right but not only him but you as well." He said as you raised your eyebrows, not expecting him to answer that way before smiling.

"Alright, sure... How much would it be?" You asked, taking out your phone to prepare the Mora he asked. You've forgotten how much he needed in the first place.

"750 Mora and three answered questions. The 750 is a one-time fee, and we'll settle the questions at the moment." He answered which surprised you but you paid for it without any complaints. He took the Mora, saying his thank you before keeping it inside his pocket. "Now, as for my questions, I'd like you to answer them here and now..." He said, sounded quite serious about it which worried Aether.

"Do we need to answer correctly?" Aether questioned him as Dainsleif shook his head.

"For you two, the answer to a question says nothing about right and wrong. Only about differences in attitude. I only wish to know what your choices are. You need only to answer." He answered as you wondered what kind of question he will ask you. He started by asking Aether the three questions regarding Mondstadt, Liyue, and who held importance on God's eyes.

You didn't expect he would answer you were the one who was the key to ending the crisis on the first question. Others were the choices that were given in the games. Though his answers were different from what Lumine might have answered in Dainsleif's eyes. "It seems that you're different from her..." Dainsleif mumbled.