𝑺𝒊𝒄𝒌𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝑹𝒆𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒈𝒆𝒅 𝑭𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑷𝒂𝒔𝒕

APHROS DELOS CHAPTER, ACT I, PART IV

The night had fallen into silence, the others had fallen asleep while you stayed up, sitting near the Dragonspine, going through your phone to rewatch the upcoming Archon quest that you would have to face soon. The day where Aether would find out that Lumine sided with the Abyss, also marked the second time you would meet her, formally. That thought had come to your head out of impulse given that Lumine had a connection with the Abyss.

You recalled when you first met her, she was absolutely hostile towards you and gave you a bit of insight into your connections here while finding out that the hourglass that you found was somewhat fabricated by your sister. She also warned you not to get in her way. You let out a sigh, not looking forward to the future.

The only thing you fear is that she told straight to her brother that you two had met and Aether surely lose his trust towards you. Should you even follow him there? If you didn't follow him, it won't guarantee that she won't tell him about your meeting with her once. If that happens, he surely ignored you when he returned from the whole commission. Your head became heavy, it almost felt your heart tightens and you felt irritated with this whole thing.

Wouldn't it be easier if Lumine just returned to Aether as soon as they reunited? You rewatched the scene where Lumine told Aether about Dainsleif's origin and status. Mentioning how he failed to do his task as the Royal Guard. For some reason, everything she says about irritated you. You could barely feel your legs anymore and at this point, maybe... maybe, the ending you wanted to happen will never happen. Thoughts became overflow before you felt a gentle flick on your forehead.

You immediately looked up and saw Orochi in a form of Kazuha crouching in front of you with a frown on his face. You never understood why he suddenly changed form and you can instantly tell it was him since his eyes weren't red. "You think too much." He huffed in Kazuha's voice before he sat next to you. "Aren't you cold sitting here all alone? You're gonna get frostbite." He remarked, looking at the view of the snow falling ahead of you two.

" He remarked, looking at the view of the snow falling ahead of you two

(A/N: Just a vision of what their view looked like)

This feels odd just to hear Kazuha talk so casually but you already knew it wasn't him. You wondered why Orochi appeared but you aren't too concerned about it. You were more worried about the upcoming obstacle you had to go over. "Of course I am." You said softly, hugging yourself. "But I can't help worried that if Lumine told Aether about us meeting just to ruin our relationship. If she did that, how am I supposed to.-"

"To give them a happy ending?" He cut you off before letting out a sigh. "Why are you so focused on giving others a happy ending when you barely had one yourself? It's not your responsibility in the first place." He continued, glancing down at you who had a concerned look on your face.

What he said is true but to you, it felt that it gave you a reason to continue being on Aether's side. If you didn't fulfil that, wouldn't that mean that you are letting bad things happen to him? Wouldn't that make you the worst person in the world for letting such a thing happen? Though you only thought of the answer and didn't verbally respond to him, he brought you in for a hug which is something you didn't expect.