𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑭𝒂𝒍𝒔𝒆 𝑯𝒐𝒑𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝑮𝒂𝒗𝒆

Chapter I, Act IV: Prelude, Part VI

You watched how shaken was Aether and the desperation in his eyes as his breath became heavier and heavier while Paimon called out his name multiple times before he staggered behind, almost falling but you immediately reached out for him, catching him before he fell from the ground. His skin definitely had turn paled when he was observed into the memory as he held your arm tightly. "I could feel her..." Aether trailed off, trying to catch his breath from the overloaded vision he saw.

"Eh? You mean your sister?  But how could that be... You only touched that dandelion for a second!" Paimon stated but you could only stay silent, aware of everything that might happen and the only thing you could do right now was silently watch over him in finding the truth about his sister.

Dainsleif stayed silent and thought for a moment about why could Aether feel her sister before coming to a conclusion of it as the crushed dandelions happened to bear the only scent that he could recognize and the reasoning was it probably had experienced something related to you. Of course, Paimon was absolutely at a loss for what does he meant but Aether was rather frantic and desperate as he was immediately on his two feet, out of your arms.

"Regardless, I have to get to the bottom of th—!" Aether was cut off by you pat him on his shoulder.

"Aether, we can't rush on meeting her. I know how much your sister meant to you, I really do but without any much lead, we can't go on like this. Besides, now you know she's still here and quite well. The important thing in this journey is to find her, right? I made a promise that I will help you find your sister and I will honor them." You assured him before Dainsleif could ever speak up.

It was like an instinct for you to comfort him whenever he was panicking. He slowly calm down before holding your hand that was on his shoulder. "And I will find her." He exhaled, even more relaxed than before when he looked at you before you smiled and patted his head.

"Good boy." You uttered, making him smile back at you before looking at Dainsleif who seemed to be contemplative before he snapped out of it. 

"Yes, and this is something you must keep in mind as the meaning behind your journey. May you find your kin at the end of that journey. Well then, let us part ways here for now." He turned his back around as Paimon was quite shocked to hear that he was leaving before he glanced over at Paimon. "Only for now. Don't worry, we will meet again. After all... I did take 500 Mora... and those three answers you gave me." He immediately left the scene as Paimon crossed her arms and looked at Dainsleif leaving.

"Weirdo... But anyway, since we got a hint that your sister is around this area, do you want to do scouting around here to see if she was somewhere here?" Paimon suggested before Aether looked at you for a moment.

"There's no harm. I believe if she really did just pass through here, she could still be around this area." You stated though, you know your words bear nothing but false hopes. "I'll go and do a scout at that area, you'll go to the other side. We'll meet each other back here, sounds good?" You asked him as he nodded before you looked at Paimon, hoping she got the message to accompany Aether but thankfully she did and nodded at you before following with Aether as you walked the opposite way.

"Way to go on scamming him." You heard Suku-Orochi's voice in your head, sounding extremely disappointed in you which immediately ruined your mood.

"Shut up. What am I supposed to say to him? No because your sister rode a Ruin Guard and went into the Abyss?" You asked to him as you continued to walk deeper in the place as Orochi just sighed.

"You know this is going to bite you in the back, don't you?" Orochi stated as you just stopped on your tracks, thought for a moment how upset he would be to find out, you knew all along yet you didn't tell him. You never tell him at all and you could already imagine how hurt he could be.

"It's fine, I'm okay with this. I don't mind him hating on me for this. It's for the best." You said as you continued to walk deeper, not paying attention to your surrounding.

Orochi didn't respond to that but instead ask you a total different question. "You know that the original story already stray the moment you stepped into this world, didn't you? Why not go different path?" Orochi asked as you just stopped at your tracks.

Many would think of leaving to the fate at this point but you rather not. Especially the amount of lores that existed in this world. It's not safe for you to stray away from the original story. "Yeah no, I'm not going to. It's dangerous and I rather for it to land under my expectations. Even if it means my existence here changed many scenarios. As a player, I want it to be a happy ending. A happy ending for everyone here." You explained to him, even though it's unrealistic, you want to give it a try.

Even if it means ruining your reputation and be called as a liar or a villain, you rather that for their own happy ending. After all, you couldn't get along to this world properly. Your existence here may as well be forgotten the moment it ended. "Whatever... I don't care... Your choice doesn't matter to me anyway. Just a warning though, try to not come in contact with the Abyss and ancient gods too much. Your body might as well in corrosion state that nobody could save you and I can't keep turning back time too often." Orochi stated as you just hummed in response.

"How come you can turn back time?" You asked him but ended up no respond for it which made you feel unease for a moment. You just shrugged it off before turning back. "Aether probably waiting for me... And we still have a lot of quests to do anyway... We should start with Dragonspine." You stated before returning back to where you should be.

TO BE CONTINUED

Author Note:

I would've not thought actually that my book will get 837K reads. It took me awhile to know how many people reads/possibly rereads it and that I thank you all so much for this. My god, I might as well get to 1 mil without me realizing it.

Still internally losing my mind about the new quest but for the next chapter, you could expect some Dragonspine field trip with few Dragonspine essential world quest before going into either Albedo or Eula story quest. It will be Aether and Paimon first time setting foot into the place and trying to figure out the places but not for M/N and I hope you looked forward to it.

I would love to draw their winter outfit but I'm too lazy. Anyways, I hope you have a good day people and enjoy this chapter.