Aɴɢʀʏ, ᴇʜ?

Y/n weirded out by the entire day, closed the (S/n) early. He wanted to have calm walk around the town, kindly ignoring the guards.

   The metal key turned left twice in the keyhole, then slid down in the man's pocket.

   The paranoia about being watched missed this time, leaving Y/n to have a completely calm walk. He wasn't exactly watching where he went, but his legs knew the way. He ended up stumbling into his favourite place. The 'Your Local Library'. The previous owner wasn't that creative, or just thought it was interesting and original. He didn't know wich one at this moment.

   The elf opened the door, giving a promising smile to Dahna, who was one of his best friend's in the past. They weren't talking to each other anymore, but giving a smile or a wave when they meet was considered normal between them.

   She was always the 'book hater' one of the group, and refused to even learn how to read. It was surely strange to see her at such a place like this, but Y/n is not the type of men who would judge.

   This time, Y/n wasn't looking for a book borrow, but rather just enjoy the peace and silence.

   He sat down the opposite of Dahna, since sitting next to strangers was awkward.

   The girl gave him a small nod -not looking up from her book- as a 'Hey'.

   As the time went on, the less and less people were in the library. And only the two of them were left there.

   Y/n in the meantime moved two tables away, and put his head on the table. The continuous fear he was living was really tiring. His mind felt blank, and demanded rest, but danger felt really close. Like it settled their eyes on him, and never left him. A brief moment of peace in this underrated store felt like heaven.

   That's when he heard somebody walk over his table, and sat down close to Y/n.

   He lifted his head up, looking into the eyes of Dahna, the elf.

   -What's up?-Y/n said, trying to start a conversation with her to fill this weird silence they had there.

   -Nothing much..It's just..-she hesitated with her words, seemingly having trouble forming sentences-You heard the rumors and etc that villagers are talking about nowadays, right?

   Y/n was really confused. It was kind of expected that people would make up things and spread them across the town as time went by, but he still felt like it was too early for this.

   -No?..Not really, y'know. I have been very busy these days, even for rumors. My business is rocking into the majestic sky.

   She looked like some elderly lady, looking for someone to gossip with, as the sun settled down, and gave space for the moon.

   -You still can surprise me sometimes-she said with a weird, half-smile on her face.

   Before Y/n could say something, she interrupted him with a fake cough, and a little wave.

   -I have so much things to say, and you probably noticed it.

   -Yeah..yeah I did-he said, shifting in his seat, trying to find a more comfortable way to place his legs.

   -First thing first. I'm very happy to see you again, even under these circumstances-she placed a very slim book on the table.

   Dahna slid over the book across the table, to Y/n.

   -You should take a look in it later. Now, let's jump in the juicy things I heard-she told that to the confused man.

   -I'm already afraid of it-he awkwardly chuckled.

   -Ohh, it's not that bad. So-she came a bit closer to him, and Y/n felt that like someone's attention was burning into the back of his head.

   -So, as you know, ordinary people haven't seen even one human, so the rumors about their appearance came really fast. Some said, that they can shift into your most feared monster, and scare you so bad, that you die out of pure fear-she said, with excitement in her voice.

   Y/n have seen humans way before the war, heck, even his first customer was a human! He still remembered her dark skin, and her dazzling green eyes filled with excitement, while she picked a bow. She was very inexperienced, and this was her first adventure alone. She was talking non-stop about how her mother is a hunter, and how she showed her how to aim and shoot with a bow. The little adventurer saved her money herself, for 5 years straight, to buy herself a new, own bow. He still smiled at that memory, every time his mind brought that up.

   -You good?-she asked, waving her hand in front of Y/n.

   -Yes, I was just..thinking-the staring started to became very uncomfortable, but he ignored it.

   She talked more about what the people spread about humans, but this was all bullshit. Y/n had encountered many of them, and they weren't like how they described them. They didn't look like monsters, and weren't skinwalkers.

   -..and Miranha said to me this morning, "I saw a human near the bakery yesterday night! They were tall, had a curved back, and had like 1hundred sharp teeth, that were waiting to bite into children! Luckily I had my axe at hand, and in a bloody fight, I won! But right after I turned back to the remaining body, there was nothing! Like it disappeared after I killed it..Humans are surely strange creatures." I think she was telling the truth because-Y/n interfered in her monologue

   -She lied to you-the words left his mouth blankly.

   -Wha..no,no..Miranha would neve..-she couldn't finish a sentence in this moment, thanks to the boy-How could you know?-she said with a betrayed look on her, clenching her fist under the table.

   -I have experience with them. You meet a lot of people if you have a weapon store, y'know?-he stated this, and leaned back, holding the slim book in his hand.

   -Perhaps you have mistaken something else for a human! You know how many freaky monsters live outside of this paradise!-she stormed out of the place, while Y/n was looking at the book.

   'Mysterious creatures'-said the cover of the book.

   -This looks stupid, just like her-he whispered to himself.

   He was against of reading this book, but he still brought it home for some reason. Maybe he was curious, after all, everyone would do it probably, because leaving it seemed rude.

--------------
Words: 1109
2021. dec. 20.