Dᴏᴄᴛᴏʀ

They arrived to the small city pretty late into the long, and dark night which covered the sky. Surprisingly there were no guards near the gate, so they could easily sneak in.

   As they had gone deeper into Sakep, Y/n started to think about his plan. What was he even thinking? Nobody would wake up, just to serve two elves -one being as functional as a dumpster- and a suspicious masked man.

   The boy's hands hurt from the weight of Dahna, who just looked up with glass eyes, making her seem like a living corpse.

   She was breathing, and probably fine. Well, at least Y/n hoped. He still had to check every few minutes, just to make sure she is still alive.

   While he was panicking, breathing like a horse after a serious race, Leif was keeping his distance, but still watching him from the corner of his eye. If someone would be crazy enough to get up at a time like this, and help Dahna, then Y/n will surely interrogate him.

   Maybe the human was too sure about the stability of their relationship, since the other was thinking about breaking up. Along the thoughts of Dahna, there was a couple which were only about what he will do, after they can be alone. He wanted to punch his 'lover' in the face, with all his strength so badly. Unless, the excuse told by the girl was true. Then, he would say sorry for assuming things too quickly.

   Wandering around the village resulted waking up a couple of angry, tired elves who said nice things Y/n's dear mother.

   Then, something exactly out of a book happened.

   -Y/n -the elf was ready to shut him up, but Leif choked the words in him with a sudden grab for his chin.

   The grab was as gentle just as before, indicating that he didn't wanna be aggressive, even tough Y/n was nothing but aggressive towards him in the past hour.

   -Look. There is a clinic there, and the lights are still on. You see it? -he said softly, making Y/n wonder how could he be so calm in a situation like this.

   Y/n tossed the other's hand away, running towards the building, like someone was chasing him.

   'Would he run from me like that, if he knew?' -a random idea popped into the masked man's mind.

   Leif followed them, not letting Y/n go too far from himself. His elf can't have that 'privilege'.

  The shop owner elf got to the building, hearing the quiet thuds from behind him closing in on him. Since his hands were busy with keeping Dahna up, he kicked the door twice, resembling a knock. Well, not really, but it did work, since someone opened the door.

   A middle-aged looking woman came into view, as she slowly opened the door. Candle light hit Y/n's face, making him feel like he was in an interrogation room, confessing for a crime he didn't do.

   The woman had big black bags under her eyes, and almost couldn't keep her eyes open, as she looked down at the male in front of her.

   -Sorry for intruding, ma'am! I know its late, and you are probably tired, but my friend needs immediate care!..And!..-he grinded the words, making the woman puzzled of what the heck this person is talking about, in the middle of the night.

   Then, Leif interrupted him, while getting rid of the mask. The -probably- doctor looked a bit spooked by him, as she took a closer look at him.

   -He meant that this woman needs immediate care -Y/n looked at him, feeling relieved he didn't have to explain everything.

   He was too stressed and tired to do it, but still mad at his 'lover'.

   The woman felt a rope tighten its grip on her throat, as the taller male watched her with demanding eyes.

   Those eyes.

   She has seen it before, not once, but at least three times. And they always creeped her out. Maybe they were a regular shade of dark brown, grayish, but to the people who knew, they meant much more than that.

   The old story of that gangster came back again, flooding her mind fully. She was much younger when she heard what happened, and it was not a cute story.

   'But this can't be! He had no children'

   But the truth was right in front of her. Then, the gangster indeed have children. And one of them was right in front of her, demanding her.

   -Would you mind moving? -he said, as he shoved her out of the doorway, entering the clinic with the girl in his hands.

   The woman was still stunned, looking at the previously masked.

   -Leif, you can't just enter someone's house like that! -the elf ran after him, while trying to apologize for everything.

   She shook her head, feeling a stiff smile find its place on her face.

   -No, that's fine, young man.

   Oh, those posters about that gangster..it all came into her mind, as a thunder.

   -Really? -he asked with a confused face, trying to toss the human called 'Leif' away from the girl.

   She just waved, eyes not leaving the human out of sight.

   -Yes. I meant it.

                  --------------

   The doctor made a simple check-up on Dahna, and everything was right. She even changed the blood-soaked bandage over the elf's head, and offered them a place to sleep, since Dahna needed rest. They couldn't leave her.

   Not it was time to talk through what had happened back there. It's gonna be hard, Y/n just felt it.

                  --------------

   -Well..you guys don't mind sleeping in one bed, am I right? -she asked, glancing at Leif- I'm not used to having guests.

   Y/n shook his head, and thanked her for the room again with a sweet looking forced smile.

   As she left them alone, Y/n walked away from him, sat down on one the armchairs in the corner.

   He was observing his lover, watching him get out of the cloth piece on the top of his shirt, and get on the bed.

   The eye contact was never broken between them. Then, Y/n broke the silence.

   -Be honest with me.

                  --------------
Words: 1050
2022. feb. 22.