Sᴍᴀʟʟ ᴋɪssᴇs

The two had spent countless hours wandering around aimlessly in the crowded streets of New Wy. The city was surely beautiful at this time, decorated with it's flowers. Y/n wasn't exactly sure if this was normal, or something big was coming, but he liked it.

   Unfortunately their plan of getting a teacher was harder than they thought.

   They weren't planning on visiting two cities the same day, since it would be dangerous  to be outside at night for too long.

   -That was a waste of time -Y/n said as they left city on the horses.

   She playfully hit his arm, with a stupid smile on her face.

   -Stop being grumpy Y/n. We have two more days to find someone.

   He rolled his eyes, apparently giving up on the plans. His eyes never left the path they were going on.

   -It's not that easy, Dahna. We may not even find someone who is willing to help for a reasonable price.

   She just hummed, not even listening.

   -You are so pessimistic sometimes -she snapped with her fingers, trying to get Y/n to look at her- I have a good feeling about all this.

   -If you say so..but I have one question -she hummed again- Why were you so..frightened at the morning?

   Her body stiffened for a brief moment.

   -Paranoia. It sticks to me since the war started -her voice was deeper than usual- ..and I had a bad dream before this morning. (V/n) was destroyed in that, and humans slaughtered us. I wanted to be as far away of this place as possible.

   Something was still off with the response, but Y/n just went with it.

   -Oh..that explains a lot. Thanks for telling me.

   She was silent for long moments, trying to form a sentence in her head.

   -No problem.

   They didn't say a single word after this conversation. While Y/n was wondering what was so off about her, Dahna's thoughts were messy, and with her best strength she couldn't make a single sentence of what was happening.

               --------------

   Y/n paid the bill for the both of them then headed home.

   'That day is tomorrow' -he reminded himself a lot after getting home.

   He tried to forget about the happenings of the past days, and wanted to have fun tomorrow. He has looked through his closet, but there was nothing he found good to wear.

   There was nothing that Y/n would wear proudly in front of Leif.

   For some reasons -which even he didn't understand- he wanted to look good every day, 'cause he might see Leif. He brushed his (h/c) hair twice a day and always checked if his teeth were white. He desired to look perfect for him, for a strange reason.

   A knock on the door interrupted Y/n. He ran for the door, down the stairs, trying not to make the person wait.

   -Hey Y/n, can I sleep here tonight? I still don't feel safe in my house -he said so lightly that It surprised the boy.

   -Umh..sure. Come on in -his face was a bit red, but the both of them ignored it.

   Leif just casually took his mask off, placing it on the counter, then sitting next to it.

   -Thanks for letting me stay in your place darling -he said it with a grin on his face.

   Y/n couldn't understand how this man was comfortable with being unmasked in front of him.

   -You're welcome, but its just normal..I guess -he said it hesitated, avoiding eye contact- I go and continue picking clothes now.

   He walked into the storage room, then up the stairs.

   -I'll go with you! -he heard Leif shout.

   Leif quickly catched up to Y/n, which was scary to him.

   'How is he so fast??'

   They walked up the stairs, straight into the bedroom.

              --------------

   -Y/n, why are you stressed out about clothes? -Leif asked while laying on the bed with his hands under his head, watching Y/n's every move.

   -Nothing is good enough! I..I just don't want to make you embarrassed by how I look -he burned his face into his arm, sitting down to the floor.

   Leif's face become serious. He got up from the bed, and walked over to Y/n. He sat down next him, and hugged him from the side.

   -There's no need to feel ashamed by your look honey -he whispered into the boy's ears- I think you look handsome in everything you have.

   Leif bringed his head closer to Y/n, and put a small kiss on his cheek, near his lips.

   This made the elf's face redder, and he tried to hide his face.

   Leif chuckled at his cuteness.

   -It was just a small kiss, that's kind of overreacting, don't you think so?

   Y/n didn't answer, too busy with trying to calm himself down.

   -Oh come on, don't hide yourself. You look cute like this -he pulled the elf's hand away from his face.

   Y/n looked up, straight into the other's eyes. Leif took advantage of this moment, and attacked him with more kisses on his face, but avoided his lips like a plague. He was not sure if Y/n would be comfortable with that.

   -H-hey, stop! -Y/n said with his red face.

   Leif hummed, with his hand on Y/n's shoulders.

   -Only with one condition -he said with a grin- You have to kiss me.

   He thought his face won't get any redder. Well, he was wrong.

   -Where..? -Y/n asked unsurely, looking up and down on the guy.

   -Anywhere you like.

   The elf tried to decide where, but his dirty mind wasn't letting him decide alone.

   -Umh.. -he leaned in -while Leif was just watching his moves- and put a small, quick kiss on his lips.

   Y/n immediately turned away from him, trying to hide his embarrassment.

   Leif touched his lips, still unsure if this happened or not. It didn't matter, he was very pleased, even if his own imagination just tricked him.

   -Why are you so quiet?..-Y/n asked with a low voice, regretting his choice of going for lips.

   'I should have just gone for something else! He might hate me now..'

   -Oh..you just surprised me.

   -Are you mad at me? Be honest Leif..

   Leif was silent for a moment, confused with Y/n.

   He quickly hugged Y/n's sad figure from behind, hiding his face in his neck.

   -No, in fact, it's the opposite. No need to be afraid handsome -he whispered, then kissed his neck.

   -Hey, you said you would stop If I kissed you! -he shouted, his face still red.

   -Everything is fair in war and love darling.

                --------------
Words: 1126
2021. dec. 29.