Cᴏᴍғᴏʀᴛ

The silence was maddening, occasionally interrupted by a small cough, or the plates knocking against each other.

Y/n was awkwardly looking at his plate, Kay was observing the outside world through the window, and Leif was intently watching his elf.

He was so fascinated with the boy's looks, even after all this time. He was just so undeniably handsome in his eyes.

Leif had seen what the world could offer, all the different creatures, people, and land, but none of these could defeat his elf's beauty.

---------------

Y/n helped Kay in the chariot, right after he got Dahna on. Dahna was looking better then before, and she occasionally squeezed Y/n's hand while he carried her there.

Whenever she did it, his heart filled with sadness, because he let it happen, and hope because she will get better, and be just like her old self.

After the uncomfortable dinner, nobody said anything, even though Y/n was half expecting Leif to raid his room and try to get him to cuddle or something.

The masked one was suspiciously quiet, and didn't try to do anything. Still, the elf kept his eyes on him, not leaving him out of his eyesight.
And especially not letting him close to his friend.

Kay had helped him with her luggage, and everything was done. Except one thing.

If Y/n wanted to be honest with himself, he did consider just leaving Leif there, but couldn't bring himself to actually do it.

Y/n sighed, finally getting the strenght to go up to the man. Leif was standing under a big willow tree, hiding from the sun, as if it could destroy him by a mere touch. He had his black, void-like mask on, desperately hiding his face from the world.

Y/n stopped in front of him, leaving a few feet between them, because he didn't feel comfortable coming closer. Leif seemed to put all of his attention on the elf, which put him under pressure, as if he was performing a life threatening move in front of the whole wide world.

-Leif, get ready for leaving. We are heading towards Vestchik -as the sentence left his lungs, and escaped his mouth he turned around, ready to march away.

An almost whisper-like voice stopped him at his track, and made his head whip backwards, just to be met with black void.

-Y/n -Leif whispered, almost as if getting the words out was hard for him, almost- Do you really think they can help with Dahna?

The elf could swear on his life that the other male was talking smugly, being proud of what he did. His brows furrowed in frustration, getting tired of the man already, and how he didn't show any resentment at his work, at how he destroyed someone.

-We talked about it already, we are going there no matter what you think -he turned towards the masked one with his full body, and stepped closer- I don't care if you decide to just leave us, and not come alone. You know what, it would be even better if you just stayed here!

Leif calmly listened to his elf, fighting the urges to touch him as he got closer.

-Tell me one thing, Leif. Why did you do this Dahna? -his voice cracked at the middle of the sentence, worry for his friend taking over him by each second passing- Why? Everything was going fine, our relationship was fine, Dahna was fine, and most of all things started looking for the better ever since this war started.

Y/n's tired voice finally got quiet, and he just looked down at the ground, emotions taking over him completely. Leif -without saying a word- walked over to him and hugged him, pulling him close to his chest, not leaving any space between the two of them.

Y/n didn't react, he was probably spacing out, and Leif took full advantage of it to comfort him silently. He honestly felt bad just by looking at his sad, tortured lover who didn't find the comfort he needed these past days.

Y/n hands, which were at his side previously broke out of the hug, and grabbed the masked man as if he was the last thing on this planet. The elf buried his head into the crook of his neck, taking deep breaths, feeling better instantly

The male could just calm him down by instance, and even tough his mind was screaming at him to go away, or to push him away, he didn't listen to them.

The bone crushing hug was more than welcome for the human, who was smiling like a child under his mask, as he felt the male hug him back. He missed it so much, how their bodies fit together, and how right it felt to have him in his arms.

Y/n pulled away, then pulled up the mask until the lower part of his face was exposed in front of him, and he didn't waste a second by crashing down on his lips.

The kiss was slow and sweet, but it was enough to get a small moan out of the masked one.

Y/n felt a sense of dread joining the comfort he felt throughout his body, and it had a good reason to. He was basically betraying his bestfriend, Dahna, who was sitting in the chariot by herself, while Y/n was making out with the man who did everything. The man who ruined everything. And Y/n loved how his soft lips met with the other's.

Leif's tounge was met with his lips, asking for entrance, which to with a brief hesitation Y/n answered with by parting his lips.

It was just them, the two of them at the moment, nobody else.

                ---------------
Words: 972
2022. dec. 24.
happy cristhmas folks, i will try to get back to weekly updating btw