Sʜɪᴇʟᴅ

Leif took a quick look at the woman, and clicked his tounge.

   -Leave him out of it -the wet fabric really helped, and there was less blood drying on the lower parts of his face- He has nothing to do with my nose.

   The woman hummed, clearly not believing anything coming out of his mouth.

   -You are quite fond with this elf, despite your -she searched for the right word in her mind, trying not to sound offensive- ..despicable kind, and origin.

   Well, it didn't come out as expected.

   Leif wasn't sure if she wanted to gaslight him with her choices of words, but it didn't work fully.

   He stepped closer, while the woman just stood there, with a weird smile on her face. You couldn't read any emotion off of her face, beside being confident. Looked too much to be true. She was shielding herself, and the man could spot that.

   -Don't make such faces, they don't suit you -he said with his bored look.

   -Rude.

   Two more steps, and the doctor started backing up. Her eyes wandered around the room, looking for a gap where the human's hands couldn't reach if she decided to run.

   -Back up, you beast! -the smile withered away, and her voice sounded slightly scared- Don't you dare come any closer, you freak!

   She wasn't as confident as earlier, and her shield started to break. That gleam of madness in her eyes whispered that she was a different breed. Dahna was easy to break, and manipulate. Kay seemed stronger than the other, to which her age could be a reason. She saw more things through out her life, and probably more terrifying things. Even if he achieved to break her mind, it would take up a lot more time, and she could recover in no time.

   Well..he wasn't planning on breaking her yet. He just wanted to see what her reaction might be, and maybe scare her a bit.

   For a second, their eyes met and sank into unconsciousness, feeling like an eternity had passed, and they were standing in front of the Decision Maker.

   Kay saw the chance was there to slip between the wall and Leif, into the kitchen.

   She ran like her life depended on it, into the kitchen. She kept her sharpest knife there, hidden in of the drawers. There was another reason why the kitchen might be the safest option if it's about escaping. It had plenty of space to move between, and there was her backdoor, which was always open. 

   She got a good grip on the weapon, and automatically turned around, not expecting that the man was already almost next to her.

   "How is he so fast?!"

   -Let's make a sharpness test on your neck, shall we mr. Mairyn? -she looked like a doll from the outside, a scared, terrified look on her face, while her voice didn't match my previous words. She forced a confident, strange grin on herself, to intimidate the human.

   Instead of tangling her to the ground, the human just stood there, with a frown on his face.

   Kay quickly took the chance into her hands, and walked away from the man, not letting him go out of sight.

   Her hand lowered since she didn't feel threatened anymore. He was just standing there, like someone had frozen him.

   She stopped in her track, not really seeing why she should escape anymore. He was clearly busy with something in his head, and payed no attention to anything around him.

   There was just one question. What triggered him?

   Kay slowly made her way to the hallway, but stopped in her track when she heard the other's voice again.

   -How do you know my surname? -the grip thightened on the knife, as she turned around, looking into his eyes.

   He was staring into her soul with his eyes, that were a vivid replication  of his father's.

   No.

   His whole body and soul was the replica itself.

   - Your father was a famous man, you can't deny it -if only "fame" could mean something good in this situation.

   He lit a hole in her eyes, by staring so intensely.

                   --------------

   -I think that's enough pillows for now -he mumbled, with a smile on his face.

   He wanted to make the room more comfortable, and more like a room where people actually can live.

   By the help of the colourful pillows he had found in one of the closets.

   The bed was full of pillows that would invite any person to a comforting dream, while the elf was still just staring at the ceiling above her head with her soulless eyes.

   The elf put his hand on the other's, and smiled at her with a hopeful gleam in his eyes.

   The girl's eyes moved into the direction of the man slowly, like they had every second in the universe.

   -You'll be better soon, I promise.

   Y/n almost got a heart attack from the weak grip on his hand.

                  --------------
Words: 831
2022. apr. 10.
I have a few ideas for the next chapters btw, and got motivation to actually continue
:D