Wᴀʀɴɪɴɢ

It was early in the morning, the Sun had just started to come up and wrap the land in light.

   The brightness hurt his eyes, so he covered his eyes with his left hand.

   -If you can't handle the sunlight, you might as well just go back to sleep -he heard Dahna shout from behind him.

   Just like in every little town, there was a ranch nearby. Y/n didn't have any idea about when that was built, but it was surely older than him. The building was the Torrant family's property for a couple of generations now.

   All he knew about this place's history is that Berrael Torrant had built this ranch for her only son, Demitris. Money wasn't even a difficulty for them, they had a ton of it. The boy for some reason didn't have friends, so it was all his from the start.

   Nowadays anyone can freely take riding lessons, of course, for an affordable price. One lesson back in, when Y/n was only six, the price was twenty silver coins. It wasn't that much back then, but one bread costs the same today, so it's probably higher now. It's pure robbery!

   -Oi, can you help me instead of sun-bathing? -she shouted again, trying to sit on the saddle.

   Y/n sighed, then walked up to her. She was jumping desperately, trying to get her right leg on the horse's back.

   -Why did you choose the biggest horse if you can't sit on her? -he said a scolding voice.

   She clicked her tongue furiously, looking at the boy with an angry face.

   -I'm just saying the obvious, don't look at me like that -he shrugged his shoulders.

   -Less chit-chat, more helping -she spoke with a demanding voice.

   He just gave up, and lifted her up by her thigh. Dahna sat on the saddle like a proud mother, who just saw her kid protect themself's.

   The burning sensation of being watched was quiet unexpected to the boy at this moment. He was far away from his own house, and it was really early in the morning, who would waste their time to spy on his boring life?

   Y/n looked around anxiously, waiting for something to move near the trees.

   Nothing.

   'I must say..They are quiet good at hiding.'

   -Hey, we pay two and a half coins in every hour for these horses! Don't just stand here, go get your horse.

   Dahna was really impatient by this time. In every five minutes, Y/n would just completely stop moving, and doze off.

   -On it.

   Y/n remembered suddenly his first lesson in this place. They taught him a lot, and their number one rule said:
"Don't run near stalls. You don't want to scare them." He never actually broke that one, and this won't be the day he does.

   He started speed-walking, while Dahna was just watching him curiously, petting the neck of Bronze.

   Y/n was pretty sure there was like 20 horse, and they were all unique in their own way. It was a tough choice to pick just one, because they were all pretty.

   But one stood out to his eyes. The horse which wore the (h/n) name. (h/n) was the calmest of all of them, eating her food.

   -You like her? -one of the workers asked, pointing at the beauty.

   -Yes! -he said with a big smile on his face.

   The workers helped Y/n to lead the horse out of the building.

   -Umh..thanks for the help.

   The worker just nodded, and headed back inside.

   The boy grabbed the bridle, and led her next to Bronze.

   -Dahna..are you sure we shouldn't find a different horse for you? You look scared.. -he asked as he sat on the saddle.

   The girl looked around, carefully spectating the surroundings.

   -No, I'm fine..I swear.

   He just nodded, feeling suspicious about her behavior.

   -We haven't talked about it yet but, where we going first? There are a couple of options.

    ...

   -Let's head towards New Wy -she said, and Bronze started walk forward.

   -But Dahna! -he quickly caught up with her- It's very far away! Springwey and Redsey are much closer.

   -Y/n..We need to be as far away as possible right now. You don't understand the danger we are in at this moment.

   Y/n was now really confused. What's up with the mood change? She was happy and energetic a couple of minutes ago, but now dead inside.

   -What danger are you talking about? -he asked loudly.

   She sighed, her whole body was trembling a bit. It wasn't that cold at the moment, it was the perfect temperature.

   -I..I can't tell you that right now. They are watching -her voice became quiet- Why can't you put the pieces together Y/n?

   -What kind of pieces are you talking about? You doesn't involve me in anything these days..-he was done with this.

   Both of them silently decided that being quiet the whole trip to New Wy wasn't a bad idea.

               --------------

   After long hours -which seemed like five to them- they arrived.

   The street's were crowded with people, and different vendors. The smell of food lingered around the streets, making the already hungry elves hungrier.

   -I think we should stop and buy something -Dahna suggested, looking around for a place to moor the horses.

   -If you say so..-he said tiredly.

              --------------

   -This patty is really good! Want a bite? -she offered, but Y/n declined- Your loss.

   He stood there, waiting for her to finish.

   -Dahna..we should talk about tomorrow.

   She raised her eyebrow.

   -I will have a..date or something like that tomorrow -his face heated up at what he said- Wait, it's not a date! I said it wrong, it's just a hang out.

   He tried to correct himself, but it was too late. Dahna was already smirking at him.

   -Ooh~ You didn't tell me you will have a date. What's his name?

   -Why do you think they are a 'he'?

   -Eh..I just assumed. Was I right? -she asked, eating the patty in whole.

   -..Yes. But it's still not a date. We just planned to hang out.

   -Sure, sure -she said and dropped the left food in the garbage can- You know Y/n, I don't care if you are into man. There is no shame in it -she hugged his shoulder.

   -I will punch you in the face if you don't stop -he said, clenching his fist.

   She backed up from him.

   -Gosh Y/n, that's overreacting.

   -I was just warning you. So..where do you wanna look for an affordable teacher? -he asked.

   She looked around, then shrugged her shoulders.

   -I have no idea. But we should just look around.

                --------------
Words: 1130
2021. dec. 27.