Rᴇᴀᴅʏ

As the sun came up on the horizont, Y/n stumbled out of the room. His head hurt like someone put a nail in it, while he got a bit of sleep. As much as he was sure he was gonna get a straight answer to his questions, Leif straight up lied to his face, stating how innocent he was. When Y/n gave up, he knew he had to get away as far as possible from the man, so he went to Kay's room, hoping she had a place he could sleep at. But before that, he of course checked the main area of the pub, just to make sure Dahna wasn't down there.

When he made sure that the girl wasn't downstairs, he came back up, and walked towards the doctor's room. He was contemplating wether he should knock before entering, just to avoid the trouble it could bring. At the last moment, he swiftly knocked twice, anxiously awaiting the door opening. He wasn't sleepy anymore though, the tiredness had already left his body, leaving behind a dim feeling of mixed emotions.

At last, the door opened, but instead of a grumpy looking Kay, he was met with Dahna, who looked just as lost as hours ago, when she caught a glimpse of Leif. She probably didn't close her eyes for a second, it was obvious, since she looked just as awful as the elf did.

She didn't say anything, just stared through him, as if he wasn't even there. Y/n looked behind him, wondering if Leif sneaked up behind him. The corridor was empty, and he exhaled in relief.

-Can I come in? -he asked, hesitantly moving forward.

Dahna, when she lowered her eyes to the boy in front of her, she stepped away form the doorway unhurriedly, gradually giving him more space to come in. When he stepped through, she closed the door as fast as she could, paranoid.

Y/n didn't make a remark of her frightened behaviour, since he started to relate to it. Leif was not okay, and the elf was so wrong about him.

When he looked around, the first thing that came to his mind was how empty the room was. Y/n definitely got the better room, but he wasn't sure if he was gonna go back anymore. Of course, he will have to, since Leif was threat to everybody, but Y/n. He wasn't sure wether it was love, that stopped the maniac from harming him, or he just simply tolerated him better than others.

-Who is Kay? -Dahna looked confused at his question, raising her eyebrow.

-Kay..she's your doctor. When your consciousness came back, you might have noticed her sleeping.

Dahna blankly stared at the empty bed. She was contemplating wether she should answer, or leave it be as it is. As the minutes passed, she seemed to have chosen the latter.

Y/n sighed, then sat down on the bed. Dahna just stood there, in the middle of the room, now looking at the ground beneath her feet.

As the elf glanced at the girl in front of him, his heart broke a bit, she lost a couple of pounds since they had started their journey, and her expression was unreadable. He knew she will have to go a long way, just to get over everything that happened to her, but he believed in her. She was capable of it, and she was gonna make a fine recovery.
Dahna just needed time, and if it meant having to be here for a while, then he would stay here with her, without hesitation.

Y/n wanted to make up to her, and without that bastard, who kept being at his heels, no matter where he went.

That's when an idea popped up in his head.

-Dahna? -she automatically lifted her gaze from the floor, and looked at him patiently.

She hummed as a response.

-Do you want to go and take a look around the city? -he brought up, since the streets were probably not as busy, as when they arrived- I bet there are not many people, and we could clear our head while we're there.

-Will he be there? -she asked softly, almost like she wanted to disappear from the sight of this world.

It was relatable.

Y/n shook his head, then walked to the door to get some clothes for her.

-Just you and me, Dahna.

Before he went out to the corridor, he flashed a last smile at her. Dahna still looked unsure, and rather anxious, but with her eyes she already agreed to this small trip.

Not like there was much to do anyway. At least a walk around the city could calm them down a bit, and just clear their mind's from the past week's events.

                ---------------

The air outside was cold, and uninviting. There was no wind resistance, thanks to Vestchick's walls, that surrounded them.

Y/n was right, and there were not many souls outside, so they could freely talk.

At first Dahna was silent, listening to Y/n's ramping about the events of the past, and how weird everything feels. He said sorry a couple more times for his ignorance again, but Dahna just ignored it mostly. She didn't care about how many times her best friend was willing to say sorry, she was already past his mistakes.

She just wanted to see the maniac, who was the cause of everything, dead. Defeated, like the disgrace he is to humanity.

But first she needed to get rid of her fear of him. Because that was, what kept the truth inside her. Fear.

He was crazy, nothing actually stopped, and he tolerated her bad mouthing for a long time, just so he could destroy her mentally when Y/n wasn't watching them.

-Y/n..-she took a pause, not sure wether they were actually alone, or it just seemed this way- I wanna learn how to handle a sword.

-Isn't that a bit early? You practically woke up a few a hours ago!

Dahna stopped at her track, maintaining an eye contact with Y/n.

-I'm ready.

                  --------------
Words: 1030
2023. jan. 16.