Tᴀʀɢᴇᴛᴇᴅ

Despite their last talk -when Dahna left him there, acting like a seven years old- the girl came to (S/n) herself, asking for forgiveness for over dramatising at the scene.

   -I don't think I need an apology..but I accept that.

   Quiet some time has passed since that apology, and the two elves had plenty of talks. It was like a real life daydream, and Y/n could talk out his stress and problems to someone. Their relationship was going well, but something was always off about the girl. She looked beyond scared one time, almost having a panic attack. About two weeks into that, she couldn't go home alone anymore. The boy thought that his friend was worried of humans attacking their town. But later realized it was more than that..

--------------

   It was a chill afternoon at (S/n). Y/n, just like usually, was hardly dealing with the sense of being watched.

   Another customer had left the building, preoccupied by his services.

   The front door had opened, and revealed the same man from three months ago. He was still wearing that black mask from their first meeting, the double-edged sword in his hands.

   He looked scary, and Y/n wasn't sure how they could let him into the village. The man looked like he was ready to slaughter everyone in his sight.

   -Good afternoon, sir. It's pleasant to see you again-he smiled, taking a quick glance at the sword after every four words.

   The man stepped inside, closing the door quietly behind himself. A shiver ran down on Y/n's back, as the man came closer. The smile froze on his face, while his eyes were mildly panicking.

   The man placed the sword down in the corner, and crouched down next to it.

   -Do you need anyth..

   -It's been a while, don't you think so?-he interrupted.

   One moment silence, as Y/n was weirded out. Who would come in just to chit-chat, beside Dahna of course.

   -I suppose it is. Got something wrong with the sword?-he tilted his head.

   The masked man clicked his tongue.

   -Nah, she is working just fine -he paused for a second- It's just..It gets lonely in the forest. I need interaction with someone, unless I wanna go crazy.

   His gaze never left Y/n, but both of them got more comfortable. The boy calmed down, kicking the panicking thoughts of his out his head.

   'There is nothing creepy about him! He is just a lonely freak, like me!'-he said to himself.

   -I know how that feels like. Y'know, I'm lonely too-he spoke, like he was proud of this.

   Y/n brought a chair from under the counter, and sat on it. It felt great to his legs, after long hours.

   -Do you mind If I stay here for a little bit? It will be only 20 minutes max..-he began explaining it, but Y/n interrupted him.

   -Hey, you can stay here as long as you want, if you don't bother other customers.

   Even tough he couldn't see his face, he was feeling it in his bones: he was smiling underneath that black mask.

   -Thanks, you are quiet chill. Much more different than the others-he said, and looked into his bag.

   Y/n slightly nodded, picking up the slim book that he got from Dahna.

   He never actually take a look in it until now, who was stopping him from that? It may be the paranoid feeling of being someones target 24/7.

   He opened it. It was full of creatures that he had seen hundreds of times, so he skipped them. That was, until he got to the 'Human' one. He got curious, 'cause what could they say about them that's worth writing it down in a book?

   The book contained the usual stuff these types of books could offer you, but there was one specific sentence that caught the (h/c) haired boy's eyes.

   "Despite most of them having almost no physical strength duo to the comfort of their houses, the gods have gifted them creativity, which makes strong opponents in battle."

   Y/n stared at the page for seconds after reading this.

   'There is no way this is true. I'm not that naive, dear author of this useless book.'

   But curiosity won again, and the boy behind the counter found himself reading further. There wasn't anything about their magical 'creativity', or how they use that, but the (h/c)-nett could never believe those things that this book listed. The little adventurer that bought a bow here can't be that much of a monster! She just can't. Or just Y/n sticked to that idea of her being pure and innocent too much.

   -You read Urugley Tominhos books?-the masked asked from across the room.

   -No, I mean..kinda? My friend gave me this book, it's not mine-he placed down the book back to it's place.

   -Oi, there's no shame in reading his books. Once I read 'Down', or I don't know what it was called. But I recommend it, 'cause It was great.

   -I have heard about it. He has plenty of books published anyway.

   -That's true-the man said, and lifted his mask up a little bit to his nose, to drink water from the bottle.

   Y/n just stared in his surprise, not saying anything. He never actually believed he would do this, he kinda looked like that guy, that sleeps in mask.

   -Umh..you don't care that I'm her-he interrupted him, again.

   -I don't really care, you know you seem like a good guy. You have my trust-he smiled at him, while Y/n's face got a shade darker of that.

   -Oh, okay. I just didn't want to make you uncomfortable-he awkwardly smiled, avoiding looking at him.

--------------
Words: 975
2021. dec. 21.