Tʜʀᴇᴀᴛ

Leif banged on the on the wooden door of the chariot, trying to get the attention of Dahna. It was her turn to drive the horses.

   The sun was settling down, painting the sky the shade of pink and orange.

   -Oi, It's your fucking turn! Get out from there, or I kick the door down! -he was getting irritated.

   Y/n placed his hand on Leif's shoulder, making him turn towards himself.

   -She is probably sleeping -he inched closer to his lover and pulled his mask up, 'till he saw those familiar eyes -We should take a break anyway.

   Leif leaned in, and connected their lips. Oh, how he missed the feeling of Y/n's soft lips. The elf's hand slided up the other's neck, bringing him closer, to deepen the kiss.

   Then, as quickly as the kiss started, Y/n cut it short.

   -Darling, I was just starting to enjoy the "break" -he said, with a smirk like smile plastered on his face.

   Y/n pulled down the mask, stepping back.

   -You may get more, but not now. We have company, y'know?

   Maybe they were not aware of it, but everything that happened was heard by the little bit terrified elf in the chariot, Dahna. She was wide awake, since she couldn't sleep. She felt it in her bones, that this man was planning something that he may proceed to finish this night. It was something horrible, but she wasn't sure what.

   "Leif" if that was his real name -but she truly doubted it- may be planning on..getting rid of her, and disposing her body on the way.

   The problem with that, is that was basically impossible. Y/n isn't that much of a deep sleeper, so he would definitely notice the strange noises coming from outside the chariot.

   And when he would arrive there, it would be late. Too late, for her.

   But she knew she had to go outside, and take her turn. Staying in one position for too long would be dangerous, if it wasn't dangerous enough to travel with..human criminal.

   Well, she had no solid evidence that he was a human, but it was a bit obvious. Only a human could be that much of an asshole. Dahna wasn't even sure how Y/n didn't notice! It was so obvious!

   They do say love is blind.

   Well, they weren't lying.

   Taking a deep breath, she unlocked the lock on the door. She grabbed the door handle, and swing open the door.

   They weren't near the chariot, which kind of freaked her out.

   'Did he..got rid of Y/n?' -she asked herself, as she gulped looking around anxiously.

   She stepped out, not bothering to close the door behind herself.

   Dahna's hand was on the handle of her sword, ready to pull out the weapon out of the holder in any moment, if someone decided to attack her.

   -Y/n! Where are you? -she shouted out, not really expecting any answer.

   Another deep breath. She tried to calm herself down, since you can't focus while panicking.

                --------------

   While Dahna was dying inside, thinking that her friend may have fallen into a killer's trap, Y/n was watching the sun set with the said 'dangerous' being. While Y/n was trying to get a bit of distance between them, Leif silently insisted on staying two inches away from him.  The elf was a bit of tired of being with his lover for this long, and wanted to stay alone for a couple of minutes to clear his mind from the trip, that wasn't nearly over. Of course, the masked had other plans. In a normal situation he would give his elf the needed free time from being with him, but they were not alone. And, he had enough of them being always together. Why couldn't just Dahna disappear?-this sentence ran through his mind a couple of times- Even tough he was previously planning on taking the risk, he was now not sure.

   Y/n was probably already suspecting things.. heck he may have even found out what Leif really was! And if Dahna would be gone, his suspicion would be proven right. Let's just say he could escape from Leif's grip, then he would never see his elf ever again! Or, he would go with him by his own choice, but there would be fear in his head, no matter how hard he would try to forget what happened that day. Then, there is one last outcome. Y/n escapes, and he reports his so believed lover. That would be the worst out of all the three, he wasn't even sure if he could deal with it. --And when you are being searched by several guards, money can't always save your ass.

   Leif always got what he wanted, by money. But, if Y/n chooses to send him to jail -and probably hang him up, ending his life- then he will depend on the guard's royalty.

   Just thinking of the rope hugging his neck, hardening it's grip on him, and sipping the life out of him, got goosebumps on his arms. But the betrayal from Y/n would be more painful. Well, if you could call it betrayal. Reporting a murderer would be the logical answer to  situaiton like this.

   -Leif, you good? You've been zoning out -his elf's voice came to his mind, and if he could guess, that was not a first time he called him. 

   He softly nodded, hugging Y/n. He gave him a questioning look, but hugged him back. The elf couldn't resist the temptation.

   -Everything is fine..yet -he whispered the last word, and was sure his elf didn't hear it.

   After seconds, which felt like eternity, the two broke the hug. Even tough they had parted, he could still feel Y/n's warm embrace on his body.

   -We should head back -the boy said, as he examined the sky- Dahna might get worried.

   Leif felt a sting in his chest, as he heard the girl's name being said.

               --------------
Words: 1010
2022. jan. 29.
I feel like this is the crappiest chapter I have ever wrote.