Mᴀʀᴋᴇᴛ

It was relevantly easy to get him out of the house, even if he needed to wait for him to get the mask and cloth piece he always wore.

   Y/n never really questioned why he wanted so badly that mask whenever they left their little personal space, but now he started to draw out a theory in his head. A not so pleasant to be honest.

   It was clear the mask was for protecting his identity. But the part of why he needed to, or from who, was still not clear.

   The elf wasn't sure to be ashamed that he didn't notice it before, or to be happy that he did - even if it was very late at that point-.

   As they left the house, Y/n tried to let go of the other's hand. He thought that Leif would just follow him like an obeying puppy, attached to it's owner. The masked had other plans.

   He gripped his hand, now having a stronger one, so that his elf can't escape from his grip.

   -I..-his throat dried out, and the words hardly escaping through his open mouth- Let go off my hand Leif.

   The other didn't say a word, just starting to walk towards the market, where he assumed it to be. As said earlier, Vestchik was a small city, and despite their zero knowledge about where the market is, they can't get lost that easily.

   And, they can always just ask others about stuff. Leif was sure a lot of old elves were already outside, going to the market for potatos or something.

   Y/n struggled to get away, with a small amount of luck that faded as the grip got tighter.

   "Well shit"

   -Leif, it's not funny. Let go of me goddamnit.

   -Not a chance darling -he cleared his throat, since his voice sounded like he was on crack- I wanna enjoy the warmth of your hand while I can.

   Finally -after enough struggling- Y/n did get out of his grip, almost falling to the side.

   -No way I'm gonna hold hands with you after all the shit you had done to Dahna.

   -I guess your rest wasn't so peaceful after all. You are still accusing an innocent person, not listening to anybody.

   Y/n rolled his eyes as a response, and continued walking forward next to the man who possibly ruined his best friend's life, and dared to say he wasn't the bad guy in the story.

   -I still love you though Y/n.

   That got the elf off guard. The masked said it so effortlessly, simply just tossed it out, like it was nothing.

   Because of his confused feelings, he didn't respond, but it wasn't needed anyway. His face was the response itself.

                --------------

   With only five minutes of walking, they succesfully reached the market. There was not much variety, plus everything was a bit blank looking. Definitely not something he was used to when it came to markets. But the smell was everything, and gave the place a feeling of nostalgy that nothing could just replicate.

   It felt like he had found his second home after a long tiryng search.

   There wasn't that many people there, only a handful  and they didn't hesitate to buy up everything their eyes could see.

   Y/n quickly checked his pockets, making sure he had brought enough money. It would have been emberrassed if he just remembered it when he was about to pay.

   Though, the back of his mind was sure that Leif would just pay for everything at that case, since he never really let the elf pay before, no matter what it was about. It may have annoyed the male, deep down he found it adorable.

   Picking out the necessary amount of different types of food, just to be enough for (f/f) was not that much of a problem. The only problems were caused by the masked male, who always tried to touch him wherever he could, while looking out for the others, making sure no one could see them.

   The elf obviously didn't let the other just keep his hands on his body, not even for the world's riches.

   -Leave me alone Leif -he said quitly, while scolding the male with the judgemental look he was giving him.

   His hands were easy to get off from him, since they were in public, even if public it meant less then 25 people max.

                 --------------

   Y/n succesfully arrived to Kay's house, with two bags of groceries, while Leif was less then two feet away from him, seemingly lost in toughts.

    Placing the bags on the kitchen table, just to look around for a moment in the kitchen. The doctor's kitchen was bigger than Y/n's so called "kitchen" if it even could be called that. It was more like a nickname.

   He needed to be familiar enough with the space that was given to him, since he didn't want help from Kay. It seemed disrespectful.

    Meanwhile Leif had already got rid of the mask, and placed it on the bed of the guest room.

   Yeah, he was not really that obsessed thanks to something now, but he really wanted to watch his elf do his stuff.

   He may not have noticed, but he truly missed his elf, and desired everything to be like before. The warm cuddles they shared almost every night seemed so far away.

                  --------------
Words: 901
2022. may 3.
Sorry for possible typos, I can't double-check at the moment.