Pᴜʟsᴇ

-Is it too tight? -he asked, not really expecting an answer by her.

   He asked several question through out the time, but none of them were answered. She was just burning a hole in his head, by her intense staring.

   Different emotions were moving inside of his chest, and he was not sure to break down and cry, or try further. Y/n was really worried that Dahna might never be her old self again. Those glass eyes of her, held no emotion behind it, and he wasn't even sure if she could form sentences at this point.

   He forced a smile onto his face, and brushed out the hair of her face. Dahna's face was cold, just like her whole body. Y/n quickly checked her pulse, feeling his heart beat against his rib cage. She still had a pulse, just like two minutes ago.

   Y/n had spent the next two hours by constantly checking her pulse, and looking into those lifeless eyes of her.

   -Dahna -that's all he could say out, feeling a knot form in his throat.

   If he would continue he would surely start to cry, and he couldn't stop. He was sure of it.

   And while Y/n was battling with crying out loud, Leif was waiting patiently in the guest room.

   He made three rounds in the house, and around the house, hoping that Y/n might be outside, clearing his head out.

   But he was nowhere to be found. There was only one room he could be in then, but Leif didn't feel like intruding.

   In the past whenever Y/n had left him alone for more than two minutes, he would be panicking and dying inside. But now it was different.

   He didn't feel like going after Y/n and stalking him, or even making sure where he was.

   It was such a sudden change, that it left Leif wondering. Did it change for the better? Would it be better for everyone else, including himself? And, if they left the city, would everything be like in the old times, when he was just innocently watching his elf?

   Maybe.

   He sighed, and sat down on the guest's room bed again, for the fifth time that day.

   The sun was gonna come up in a couple of hours, and it wasn't the usual time for the both of them to sleep at.

   They were always the ones who decided to head to bed at a very early time, and then wake up when the sun came up. To feel the spicy wind go freely where it wanted to, to feel fresh by the nature. Which Y/n couldn't experience every day, 'cause dealing with a store is troubling.

   Y/n slowly closed his eyes, thanks to the tiredness. Dahna had fallen asleep hours ago, but the elf just couldn't. His head was on the side of the bed, with his body in a sitting position. His knees were tired, and red from the continuous kneeling, on the verge of giving up.

   "Leif might try to hurt Dahna"

   Meanwhile, the human was struggling whether to take a visit to Y/n and his little friend, or leave them alone, but at the end he stayed where he was. The elf would surely chase him away if he would just appear in the door frame, or throw his shoe at him.

   His elf needed to realize that -on his own- that he won't get any information out of Dahna. Leif made sure of that by burning the message in her mind. While Leif was here -and he didn't plan on leaving anytime soon- she will only speak when it's really necessary from now on.

                  --------------

   The sun shinned in through the clear crystal windows. It was pretty early in the morning, and they didn't sleep that much the night. Y/n looked like a complete wreck. Leif never saw him with this messy hair, or with those heavy bags under his eyes. He never thought Y/n could be this attached to his little girl friend.

   Leif didn't regret it, since he kind of guessed it would play out like this. And if he is right Y/n will leave Dahna somewhere, because he won't have the time to take care of her. Then Leif will have Y/n in his grip 'till the world ends.

   There was just something that he underestimated, and didn't notice in time.

   -Y/n -Leif called out way louder than he wanted- We have to go.

   The elf boy turned to him with a tired look on his face, but there was something in his eye. Hatred? Probably yes.

   But the human didn't worry about that, since everything will go according to his plan. Y/n will realize that all he had been doing was for their relationship, where Dahna had no place to be. Nor she will ever have.

   -(V/n) is waiting for us.

   The elf shook his head, not giving up on finding a teacher for the girl, who was in the worst shape possible.

   -There is no way I'm going back there, you jerk -"Y/n is a bit aggressive this morning"- I made a deal!

   Leif chuckled, what made Y/n's blood boil in his veins.

   -You seriously want to get a teacher for her? -he highlighted the word 'her' as he spoke, pointing towards the door -Think rationally, darling! She can't even stand up on her own.

   The elf was furious at this point. He was sure Leif was doing it on purpose, just to see him all angry, trying to get a hold of himself, to not jump at him. If they weren't at someone else's house he would have probably done it. 

   (M/n) taught him to behave if they were at someone else's house, no matter what was the situation.

                  --------------
Words: 977
2022. march 14.
I'm still alive, just unmotivated :)