Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ʀᴇᴀʟ ʜᴜʜ..

It was the end of another, well worked day in (S/n). There weren't that many customers, but after helping each one out to pick the perfect weapon, his mind felt blank.

   Leif -who showed up two more times that day- left at the morning one hour before the opening.

--------------

   Y/n was glad that he could enjoy his favorite book in the company of a candle. That's what he needed all day.

   A quiet knock was heard from the front door. Y/n curiously raised his right eyebrow and put down the book with a piece of paper inside.

   He walked closer to the door, and slowly opened it.

   -Hey, hope I don't bother right now. I brought you your favorite, (f/c)! -she practically pushed the tray of (f/c) in his face with a big grin on her face.

   -Oh no, I actually don't mind it. Thanks Dahna -he picked up one from the tray, and stood to the side to let her have enough space to come in.

   -You know I'm not that good if It's about cooking, so I got a little bit of help from Ormond.

   She placed down the plate on the counter, turning to Y/n.

   'Ormond is not a bad baker..I probably won't die if I taste this..'-he thought.

   After long moments of eye contact with the (f/c) Y/n persuaded himself to bite into it.

   -What are waiting for? Taste it! -she said excitedly.

   Y/n was hesitant, but did it. It wasn't bad to be honest, but It was far from his mother's (f/c). (M/n) made the best (f/c) in this little town, even a baker couldn't go near that level.

   -It's pretty good -he held up his thumb to it.

   He quickly ate the rest of it, while Dahna was standing there, seemingly proud of herself.

   The credit of (f/c) go to Ormond in 90%, but it still felt great.

   The memories from the failure full baking came back like a thunder in her mind.

--------------

   -M'am, let me do that!..-Ormond said, but it was too late for that.

   Dahna already poured too much sugar into the bowl which contained the mix of dough and various materials.

   -Oops -she said almost sounding innocent, and put down the cup, looking at her shoes.

   The baker couldn't take it anymore! It was the third time she ruined the (cake/cookie)!

   He always thought woman were born in the kitchen, and they were moving there like a fairy, who knows everything and can make delicious cakes. But this woman proved him really wrong.

   He slapped himself on the face, so hard, that it echoed through the room.

   The sudden sound made the girl jump, and she accidentally tipped the bowl with her elbow.

   The bowl landed on it's side with a loud bang and the dough that it contained poured onto the flour.

   -For Fraya's soul, I'm so sorry!-

   In her fear she stepped back a few, and watched the man rage with a dark red face.

               --------------

   She shivered at the memory.

   'It could have been worse-' -she told herself that a lot that day.

   While she wasn't paying attention Y/n already ate the (f/c).

   -Oh, seems like you loved it -she said, and took the plate in her hands.

   'Yeah, it was really good. You did a great job -Y/n said, and patted the girl's head.

   She grabbed his hand and tossed it away from her head.

   -Thanks Y/n -she smiled at him.

   Maybe it was late now, but Y/n started wondering why he got that. Dahna isn't the type of person who would just make something for someone randomly. She only does that when that person does something for her.

   -Wait..-he said and Dahna stopped in her track half way outside- Why did you make it for me?

   -Oh, did you forget? You promised me to find a teacher.

   -Right..see you tomorrow morning!-he said, and started wondering how he could forget something like this.

   You can't blame him, it was a busy day for his mind.

   -And if you can, don't forget it -she said with suspicious eyes- See you tomorrow!

   And with that, she left.

   The only thing that stayed was the scent of (f/c).

   -Okay..I won't forget it-he whispered to himself, and closed the door.

   He sat down on the chair again, ready to continue the book. The candle was still lit up, wich was good news.

   Finally, he could enjoy the alone-time with his precious book, all alone.

   Then it hit.

   The feeling of being watched. It lingered around Y/n like a stubborn cat who decided that wants to randomly attack people.

   But this time, Y/n didn't hesitate and looked out the nearby window hoping he would catch something-

   And there it was, a weird figure. Unfortunately Y/n was still too late, and the figure disappeared.

   'Shit-'

   He got up from the counter and grabbed a two-handed sword from the desk.

   Now he was sure something -something very real- was watching him.

   He didn't waste a moment, and barged out on the front door.

   He looked around (S/n) twice, and even went closer to the creepy looking trees.

   'That would be a really stupid idea to go into the woods right now. And I'm not that stupid to risk my life!'

   He slowly, looking around like a madman, went inside the door and quickly shut the door. He grabbed the keys from his pocket and locked the door.

   He still wasn't sure if the thing was away from him, but now he felt like he was safe.

   For now at least.

   Then, as Y/n pulled the curtains to cover the window, he heard a knock from the front door.

               --------------
Words: 977
2021. dec. 25.