Sʜᴏᴘ

The time was near midnight, everything was quiet and calm, except Y/n. The terrified ticket seller, Dahna's panic when she first met Leif, and that figure in the window. These were all pieces, to a big puzzle, which was placed in front of Y/n. There was something wrong with the man beside him in the bed. Was he a criminal? Or his country's own enemy, a human?

   Realization hit him like a thunder. Now that he is asleep, he could prove himself that he is wrong! He is just overthinking things..

   'Then why don't I ever feel being watched, when he is with me?..'

   Leif moved closer to Y/n, half asleep.

   -Darling, please go to sleep..-he whispered in his ear with his deep morning voice.

   The elf got goosebumps from his tired voice, and he shivered.

   -Only with one condition -he was desperate.

   Leif rubbed the tiredness out of his eyes, and sat up.

   -Let me touch your ears. I wanna make sure I'm wrong.

   Leif moved away from him, ready to hold his arms back if he would try to touch his ears.

   -You don't trust me?

   He shook his head, and tilted his head against the man's arm, enjoying the warm.

   -No, that's not the case. If it was, you surely wouldn't be here in my bed.

   -You're lying, L/n. You don't actually trust me, if you think I'm one of them.

   Y/n shut his eyes tight, moving closer to the other.

   -I swear I trust you! It's just..the seller. I think he recognized you or something..i don't know -his hand wandered up to Leif's hair- Just let me touch it.

   Before his hand could get closer to his target, Leif grabbed him.

   -Please, don't -his voice wasn't louder than a whisper.

   -You are..one of them, am I right? -his voice was full of panic.

   If he was right, then he would be in trouble for interacting with him. Even sharing a bed with him!

   But hope was still in the corner of his mind, telling him that he is just not comfortable being touched in places like this.

   -No, I'm not a human. And never will be. Can we drop the topic, and go to sleep? I'm tired.

   Y/n layed down again, but staying really close to his friend.

   -Of course.

   Leif without asking hugged him from behind, and hid his face in the back of his neck.

   -If you are uncomfortable, just say it -he mumbled.

   Y/n chose to stay silent, looking out his head, and before sleep could catch up with him, he said one last sentence under his breath.

   -I trust you Leif.

              ---------------

   -So, how was your date yesterday? -Dahna asked with excitement in her voice.

   Y/n choked on his own words.

   -Umh..well..it was pretty g..good. But it's not a date!

   Suspicion rised in her light brown eyes about yesterday, while Y/n was coughing without a break.