ᴘᴀʟᴇ

Dahna Kaylos walked down the streets of (V/n), looking right and left paranoid. There was something really wrong in this town, she bet the guard's knew what it was! They were filthy, sweaty monsters in her eyes, and they were definitely in some illegal business despite the fact they are working for Fayra.

   As she got closer to (S/n), the more scared Dahna got. The danger was either in the house--which the girl highly doubted--or near the house. That was a scary thought.

   Gulping, she opened the door slowly, expecting a horde of wolfs to attack her. But there was nothing that jumped at her, so she opened her eyes, and automatically saw the strange man crouching next to a sword, in the corner. He was extremely familiar, like she had seen him before. The black mask fully covered his face, and was staring straight at her.

   -Oh, hey Dahna-her friend waved at her.

   -Is she the one you talked about?-the masked asked.

   -Yes -he looked away from the man, and invited the girl inside with his hands- Come inside please, he doesn't bite-Y/n chuckled at his own sentence while the masked just stared at her menacingly.

   She didn't have any problems with being in a big group of people, but this man wasn't an ordinary creature.

   She slowly walked inside-- not taking her eyes off from the man--and closed the door.

   -I don't think I have another chair here.. -he mumbled- Should I look for one in the storage area?-he asked the two.

   Dahna was slightly trembling from fear at this point. Her throat was dry as a desert in day time, and her breathing was a bit heavy.

   -She needs a chair, you should bring one Y/n-the masked adventurer said.

   -On it!-he shouted as he ran out on the door behind him.

   Now that Y/n left, there was only two of them. Dahna and the creepy, probably serial killer man.

   He stood up, leaving his bag and sword on the floor. He came closer to the trembling girl, grabbing her chin and lifted her head up, to match his level.

   -What do y..you want from me?-she asked with a trembling voice, quietly.

   The man stared straight into her eyes, while Y/n was busy in the storage room.

   Dahna, compared to her normal skin colour, was really pale.

   -I see what you are trying to do little girl. I see your every move-he said with a low voice.

   -I don't really get what you ar..are talking about-his grip got stronger on her chin.

   -Don't play dumb with me you bitch.

   -I..I really don't!-at this point she was crying, trying not to sob too loudly, or this man would take her life right here.

   -Stay away from him. Don't ever put your feet in this building ever again.

   She didn't know what got into her, but she got mad at this man.

   'Who is he to control me, a god? He is nothing compared to me, he should be afraid of me!'

   -I had enough of you, you masked whore. Y/n is my friend, and I won't stay away from him just because you said so.

   Pure hatred radiated from her eyes, smacking the hand of the man away from her while stepping back. But you could still see how much fear she was in, since she stuttered a lot.

   -So you like to play rough, huh?-he whispered, which sounded like he smirked.

   Before he could make a move and grab her neck, she ran away and grabbed the sword from the corner.

   She hold it up like how they do it when they attack, even tough she didn't have any experience with swords before.

   'It can't be that different from an axe, right?'

   -You think you can defend yourself with that?-he laughed at her, taking a glance at the shelf behind him full of different weapons, but didn't take one.

   He was confident that he could win this fight against some random chick.

   She smirked at his face, almost spitting the words.

   -Game on bitch.

   She charged at him, with a very weird hold on the weapon. It wasn't hard to dodge it, even for a beginner.

   He tripped her with his left leg and took the sword out of her hand once she was on the floor.

   -You are not worthy to be an opponent to me, you know? You should really train-he said, and placed down the sword in the corner, where it belongs now.

   He crouched down next to his partner--the sword--and waited for Y/n to come back.

   Dahna slowly got up, wiping the dust off of her shirt.

   The storage door opened, and Y/n appeared at the doorway, in his hands the called chair. It was newly polished and had no mistakes on that light brown surface.

   -Hey, I got back -he placed the chair down in front of Dahna- I'm sorry that It took a while, it was just stuck between two big shelves. I tried to clean it for you by the way.

   Her face was still pale, as if she has seen a ghost. Or worse than that.

   -Dahna..you look worse now. I'm not a doctor, but I know you are not okay-he said with worry in his voice, as the girl sat down.

   -I..I will go home now-she forced a weak smile on her face, just to make Y/n sure she was okay.

   -But you just came a couple minutes ago..-he argued.

   -Yeah, but I don't wanna be a burden to you guys-she glanced at the masked man.

   Y/n just gave up, since he didn't want Dahna to stay in this condition.

   -Should I walk you home or..-he offered.

   -It's fine, I live close anyways..Have fun-she said, and took a last glance at the strange man.

-------------
Words: 1006
2021. dec. 22.