Oʙsᴇʀᴠᴇ

Hope. That's what a person can rely on in troubling times, even if a lot of pessimists think it's stupid. Without hope, everything would fade into darkness.

   Hope, is the only thing Y/n can have when it's about Dahna's injury. She was showing signs on being able to recover! Even if he wanted to, he couldn't make it into words how much it made him so happy knowing, that the girl was listening and even moved her hand.

   That was a big accomplishment for her.

                  --------------

   "What's up with him?"

   For someone who just tried to attack her, he seemed very much like a mentally unstable person in an insane asylum. It was clear from the start that he wasn't okay in the head, but that was new.

   -You know something about him that I don't, am I right? -he asked, while the woman was feeling how the knife could just slip out of her hand any moment, thanks to the sweat.

   It was nearly impossible to read out his emotions, just by his eyes. Or, it was just a completely new feeling that he had just discovered.

   -I don't think so -she just tossed the sentence at him, not thinking twice- You were the one who he raised..

   ..Unless, you are just a random patient from the nearest asylum.

   His body stiffened, an idea popping up in his mind.

   -Well, that would explain a couple of things -but not how the crazy man looked exactly like that gangster.

   He stepped closer to her, and she quickly got into a defending position, getting a new grip on the knife.

   He walked like a drunk man on his 6th shot. It would have been comical, if somebody saw this from the outside, by an eye that didn't recognise any of the people that was there.Or just weird. You choose.

   Maybe for the best, he just walked away, straight into the guest room, locking it after closing.

   Kay stared at the door for a good amount of seconds, then finally let out a breath.

   It was probably over, and the maniac don't want to deal with her anymore.

   Or, he was just waiting. Waiting for everybody to forget the previous events, and to lay their heads on the pillow then fall asleep. So that he can start the plan inside of his messed up mind.

   That's why Kay decided to keep the knife, and to stay on guard.

   Well, she could just ask them -if it doesn't work, force them- to leave, and she could safe, and could continue her work.

   Or, as another option, the two could just leave the unresponding girl there for her to care for, but seeing how concerned Y/n about his friend is, he wouldn't leave.

   And if the elf boy doesn't leave, then the maniac won't either.

   For some strange reason she didn't wonder of how the human didn't try to strangle
Y/n, or in a worse scenario kill him. He even broke his nose, but he didn't seem mad about it. More like a mix of a not caring about it at all, and a slight disappointment.

   Further into the thought, she connected the dots on how the woman -who goes by the name of Dahna Kaylos- may have got into this state. The human was the reason obviously, which shocked her how blind she has been.

                  --------------

   Y/n wasn't sure how long will they be staying at Kay's house, relieing on her kindness, considering they are just random strangers in her eyes.

   Plus his broken relationship with Leif didn't help on their situation. They were a burden on the doctor's back, not mentioning that they haven't ate for more than a day.

   Sure, Y/n could just leave the house and buy food for everybody, then make a nice dinner.

  Well, easy to say. Because their a mayor problem. He can't just leave Dahna with Leif! Sure, Kay could just care for Dahna while he was gone, but he didn't trust the masked.

   That left him with only one option, and it was to bring the man with himself for groceries.

                 --------------

   Y/n had already talked to Kay, and she agreed to watch over Dahna. Not like she would get off the bed and escape while she can.

   There was only one step in his plan now. To grab the masked and go.

   He knew it will be awkward.

   "Here goes nothing.."

   He knocked on the guest's room door, hoping the other was still in there.

   Not a split second later, the door opened, revealing the same man, who he had fallen in love with before. He had to get his eyes off of him quickly, since he still had a kind of effect on the elf, even after all that happened.

   Emotions are hard to understand.

   Leif's hand found the his elf's chin, and brought his head up, forcing him for an awkward eye contact.

   Y/n jerked away, getting the feeling he had to quickly explain why Leif needed to go with him, or the situation would get worse.

   -I need you to come with me to get groceries.

   While talking, he noticed how the other's nose didn't look much better, even if it stopped bleeding a while ago. The familiar feeling of guilt took over his body, knowing he was the cause of his broken nose.

   Leif didn't say a word, probably observing the elf in front of him.

   -You have no choice, but to come with me -he said, and grabbed the other's hand- Come on.

                 --------------
Words: 928
2022. apr. 24.