Tʜᴇᴀᴛᴇʀ

-Let me pay for the food! -Y/n's voice was demanding.

   His cold piercing eyes were staring into the masked's soul.

   The waiter nervously gave the check to the furious elf, then quickly left them alone.

   -Leif, I have my money with me. I don't have my own store for nothing.

   The masked took a handful of gold coins out of his pocket, tossing it to Y/n's side of the table.

   -Then pay it.

   Eyes fixated on the man, he slipped the money to the other side with a mad smile.

   -I meant my own money, douche bag.

   Leif leaned in, and lifted his mask, enough for his lips to be seen.

   -Y/n, you are making a scene in public. You know it too what kind of people live in this hole -he grabbed two coins, and gave it to the waiter who just got there.

   -Sir, that's too much money! I'm afraid I can't take it -his voice sounded concerned.

   He positioned his mask back to it's normal place, and turned towards the slim, tall man.

   -Keep the changes.

   The man bowed, and walked away with his abnormally quick steps.

   -How generous -his voice was dripping of sarcasm.

   Leif packed away his money, then stood up from the table.

   -Stand up Y/n. The play will start in like ten minutes.

   Y/n ignored him, and walked out on the front door, leaving behind the masked.

   He just sighed, and quickened his steps 'til he got next to Y/n.

   -And you call me stubborn, huh? -he smirked under his mask, but it could be heard in his voice.

   -I just..! Ugh, why couldn't I pay for my own meal?

   The masked looked around the fairly empty streets, then turning Y/n towards himself, lifting his mask up, he placed a small kiss on his lips.

   Y/n covered his mouth in his surprise.

   -Because I have deep feelings for you, Y/n. I wanna take care of you -he placed his hand on Y/n's- If you let me do that, you will never face any problems ever again in your life. I will protect you, and love you. All I need is a "yes" from you.

   Y/n was quiet of the confession he just heard, but a question never left his mind.

   -And what if I say no? What if I don't want your love?

   Leif's body stiffened. The possibility of Y/n refusing sting his heart in a way he had never experienced.

   -So is that a "no"? -anger rised in his chest, but still trying calm himself down, to not scare away the elf.

   Y/n thought for a second. His gaze avoided the masked, and stared at the nearby houses.

   -No, It's not a "no". I just have to think about it. Could you give me a couple of days?

   Leif softly interlocked their fingers, watching the boy.

   -Of course. Take as many as time as you want.

                   --------------

   Fortunately not that many people wanted to see the play as they thought. They were just in time to buy two tickets.

   Well, until the ticket seller stopped them.

   -Sir, please take the mask off. We can't take any risk.

   Y/n could feel Leif was really uncomfortable with that.

   -Then why do you have guards outside? Are they just decoration?

   He pointed to the gate.

   -Let's just say..they are not the best guards. Maybe they are "highly trained" by himself the prince, Calix, but they are not that loyal. They can easily be bribed if you have enough money -he stopped talking for a second, feeling that he shouldn't say that out- And who knows, what could be hidden by that mask? A serial killer, maybe a bandit or worse..a human. I can't let you inside sir.

   His big lips seemed even bigger when he talked, giving a nasty look to the man beside Y/n.

   -So you think I came here because I wanna slaughter everybody? -his voice sounded a bit like he was grinning behind his mask, out of the anger.

   The short man folded his arms in front of his chest.

   -It is a possibility. That's why I have to ask you to place your mask on the counter. We will take good care of it.

   He clenched his teeth, but took the mask off.

   The man stared at his face with wide eyes, probably realizing something. Y/n didn't fully understand. Was there something that he didn't know? He just had to find out!

   -If there will be even a scratch on that I will make sure you don't wake up tomorrow -he said with a threatening voice, which scared the short man seemingly.

   He placed it where the seller told him to, and walked back to Y/n.

   -Are we good now?

   His eyes were still showing madness, and his voice was cold as ice.

   The elf was quiet unfamiliar with that voice, since the man had never talked to him like that. His voice was always soft and sweet when he talked to him.

   -Oh, o..of course sir! Everything is good. Enjoy the play! -he shouted, when they walked inside the building.

   -What did you get yourself into Onix? -he mumbled, watching the black mask laying on the counter.

                  --------------

   Empty seats only in the last two rows remained.

   Y/n could feel Leif was relieved a little bit, that they could be alone.

   There was still 3 minutes to wait, which was nothing to the people who have been here for like 2 hours, waiting for the play to start.

   -Y/n..-he whispered, trying to get Y/ns attention.

   The elf turned to him automatically.

   -What?

   -Can I..? -he placed his hand on Y/n's thigh.

   The elf turned quiet red from the action, forgetting his ability to speak normally.

   -Y..yes, I don't mind..

   The lights turned out and the stage was lighted. The big, red curtains were pulled, revealing the boy's favourite actress, Alean Mon. Her beautiful red hair was shining in the lights, and her dress was a bit revealing. Her deep voice echoed trough the building as she talked.

   Leif felt a bit jealous that this woman could easily seduce his partner. But when he remembered she was married, he calmed down. She wouldn't cheat on her wife, right?

   He gripped his thigh, looking at the show.

   The play was full of plot twists, and broken promises. It was better then anyone could imagine, and the woman's acting skills just made it better.

                --------------
Words: 1094
2022. jan. 1.

✨Happy new year✨