Hᴜᴍᴀɴ

Finding Leif proved to be harder than it looks. Y/n had walked trough a couple of streets already, but the man was nowhere to be seen. The feeling that he was being watched intensified the longer he wandered.

He stopped in his track as he neared a dead end. Without much thought put into it, he went in.

He was facing the wall that protected the city for ages now, the sturdy wall that could never be brought down, no matter who was against them.

He listened carefully, his ears almost missing the quiet steps that stopped behind him.

-Leif -he called out- I'm sorry for leaving you there, I was so-

He got interrupted by a chest bumping into his back, knocking the air out from his lungs. Two familiar hands were pulling him close, not planning on leaving. Leif's head was instantly buried in his neck, enjoying the warmth of his elf.

-..I was stupid for not noticing in time just what was on line back there, but now I do.

-Everybody makes mistakes honey, but that doesn't change the fact that I love you with all my heart -his voice was low and calm.

-I love yo..

                 ---------------

Dahna came back surprisingly fast, although she didn't dare to say a thing. Kay was standing less than a meter away, her eyes scanning the area.

She was rather annoyed at how quickly she went back, by just being around him for more than five minutes. Her thoughts circled around two thing, the sword training she had been yearning for, and how she will face him in the battle if she can't even look at him.

Kay glanced at the sitting from of the hunched over woman on the bench.

-I may have not introduced myself yet, the name's Kay -she offered her hand for a handshake, but the other didn't make a move.

Kay sat down next to Dahna, her hands buried in her pockets.

-I'm a doctor from a small city named Sakep, and I presume you're Dahna Kaylos, from
(V/n).

Dahna nodded, looking at the ground beneath their feet.

The air was cold around them, goosebumps appearing on their arms. There was not a single organism around them, leaving them in dead silence.

-You know, we are not so different. We both know who this guy is, and what danger he brings with himself.

Dahna lifted her head up, slowly lowering her glance on the older woman beside her.

-You're worried about your friend's health, as you know he will harm him -she was speaking slowly, as if she had every minute in the world -Am I right?

-..Yes.

Kay showed a small smile towards the girl, a light gleaming in her eyes.

-I know the feeling, but you know, sometimes they are just too blind to notice the obvious. Or just too attached to leave them now, even though they are aware of the fate they will suffer if it continues like this.

Kay looked away from Dahna for the first time, tilting her head upwards at the bluish gray sky. There were no signs of clouds anywhere, the sky was as clear as it could get.

Dahna's eyes were drawn towards the doctor, her throat itching to tell her about what Leif really was. About what happened at the chariot. About how Leif had threatened her before.

-Leif is a human..-she mumbled so quietly, that her own ears could barely pick up on it.

-Hm? -Kay once again looked at her, expecting her to repeat the sentence.

-Leif..is a human -her voice was just as quiet as it was last time, but this time, Kay was listening carefully.

The breeze was hitting their faces playfully, travelling north.

-I'm aware of it -the worlds left her mouth in a serious manner.

Dahna wide eyed, whipped her head in the direction of the doctor, thinking her ears have deceived her.

-Yeah.. it's a long story, and I don't want to get into it right now - But this guy is dangerous, both of us know it. Y/n is starting to realize it too, but he can not be saved anymore. He is way too deep in-

-No, that is not true! -she interrupted with a shaky voice- He always tries to protect me when this maniac appears! He broke off their relationship too, and it was just because he realized who this guy really is!

Silence settled in between them, leaving the two women in an awkward situation.

-..Why do you think he goes right back to him, whenever you're not in the picture? -Kay spoke with a strained voice.

-Huh?..

-He left you here with me, to go back to his little psychopath of a boyfriend.

Dahna stood up, towering over the older woman, the wind gently playing with her hair.

-I think you're just trying to get a reaction out of me, since there is no way Y/n would continue dating a deranged, feral beast of a man -she took a deep breath, trying to stabilize her breathing- He is not that stupid to not see the red flags.

                 ---------------

-Why didn't you have shoes on? You could have catched a cold! -Y/n stated, glancing at the man with worry gleaming in his (c/n) eyes.

Leif just chuckled quietly, hiding his face in his the shoulder.

They were laying in bed, with Leif's hands around Y/n's back. It has been going on for over an hour, which consisted of Leif mumbling sweet words in the elf's ears or him playing with his hair, while placing small kisses on his shoulder and neck.

Their torso was facing each other, pressing against each other closely.

-It was worth it seeing you -he whispered in his neck, his hot breath tingling the Y/n's skin- Even if you didn't react the way I was hoping you would, at first.

Y/n sighed, burying his head in the man's neck.

-I'm sorry.

-No need to, I've already forgiven you sweetie.

Bringing their bodies closer,
Y/n searched for more comfort.

-No, it's uh..for everything. I'm so sorry for everything I have done against you -he paused.

Leif was waiting patiently, drawing circles with his finger on his elf's back.

-Why are you never mad at me? he asked.

Y/n waited for an answer, rather impatiently, as he questioned whether it was a good idea to ask it or not.

-That question can't be serious -Leif exclaimed, as if the other was crazy- You mean too much for me, to just get mad at you.

Y/n nodded close eyed, not sure what to add to the conversation.

As he was half-asleep in the other's hands, he heard a faint whisper of 'have a nice nap, love' then he dozed off.

                 ---------------
Words: 1141
2023. feb. 28.
i'm not dead yet, but my motivation is dying fast