Nᴏ sᴏᴜʟ

Leif stared intensely at the front door. His back, and lower parts hurt from the continuous sitting, but he ignored it.

   He needed to wait for his father, no matter how painful was that.

   The reason was simple. His father went away again to wander around, and left his children with an irresponsible woman, who was called their mother.

   Leif was pretty sure he would come back, since he loved his big sister, Orsa.

   Orsa was the oldest of the four, the parent of them a lot of times, since their mother didn't take care of them properly. And for some odd reasons, she was always the favourite of their father. He didn't know if it was because she had a nicely shaped body, or because she didn't misbehave, but he hoped it was the second. The first one just sounded so wrong. Although, he had seen his father saying wrong things to his sister. But they were not the same that he said to Leif, and his other siblings.

   'Maybe..father is hurting Orsa? He might have done worse things to her, than me!..'

   Leif shook his head, trying to get the demons out of his mind, who were telling him bad things about father. He just couldn't bring himself to believe those things!

   Liars.

   Liars.

   Liars.

   His nails carved marks into the stair, under the pressure of his grip on the wood.

   Leif just couldn't deal with his anger about these liars in his mind. Goddamnit, he was the one who knew his father, not them! He would have possibly noticed if his father was..doing questionable thing towards Orsa.

   'Orsa knows better than you, child. Go ask her!'

   -No, no, no! Leave me alone! -he squeezed his palm to his ear, wishing he couldn't hear at this moment.

   Quiet steps could be heard in the house, and Leif would have heard it too, if he wasn't busy with arguing with the liars.

   Orsa suddenly appeared at the top of the stairs, her long dress was covering most of her legs.

   The noises lured her out from her room, worrying about her brother's safety.

   Sure, their father wasn't home yet -and probably won't be for a few days at least- but he wasn't that much of a threat to Leif yet anyway.

   Leif's worst enemy was himself. Even their parents have noticed that he was a bit..different.

   Their mother said he had a problem in his head. She was probably right, in part.

   'The problem might be worse than I had thought..'

   She decided that going closer, and calming him down was the right idea. He was still her little brother, no matter what was wrong with him in other peoples eyes.

   Orsa grabbing the unstable railing, walked down next to Leif, who was deep in thoughts. His fingertips were white from the pressure he was applying to his ears, desperate to stop the liars.

   She sighed at the sight. He looked really tired, and fed up with life.

   She crouched down next to him, observing his face. Somehow he still didn't notice her presence.

   'Now, or never!..'

   With a fast move, she brought him into a hug. Physical touch was rare between family members in this family, unless..it was the wrong type of touch.