Mᴇsᴍᴇʀɪᴢɪɴɢ

-Darling, the guards won't let us out if we don't hurry up -the masked one said, trying to motivate the elf to move faster.

Y/n let out an exaggerated sigh, but did as he was told as Leif seemed rather excited about today.

Enough excited to stop cuddling him in the morning and get out of bed. It was rare for him these days, and it made Y/n more curious than he would like to admit.

-Can you at least tell me where are we going?

Even though the mask was covering his face, he knew the man was smiling at him.

Just the thought of it made his heart flutter, painting his cheeks red.

-It's a secret, if I tell you it will ruin the magic -his firm hands clasped Y/n's.

Leif's hands were warm to the touch, his hands perfectly fitting the elf's.

Y/n was mostly silent after that, trying his best to be patient enough to get out of Vestchik, and get to the place Leif was so enthusiastic about.

When they got to go the gates, the guards did not hesitate to let them out, Leif quickly nodding once in their direction.

Leif grasped his hand stronger once they actually stepped outside, as if he was scared he would try to run away from him, leaving him alone forever.

Not like he would let that happen, as he already had their entire future planned out, ever since he first laid eyes on the treasure that Y/n's being was.

There was just nobody like him in the whole wide world, yet no one acknowledged it before Leif. Nobody have appreciated how Y/n's warm body is just perfect to cuddle in bed, how adorable he looks while just doing normal everyday things, or how mesmerizing he looks in the morning, his hair all tangled. Nobody, before Leif found him.

-Can we slow down a bit, Leif? -Y/n asked, panting from the speed they were walking at- It can't be that far!

They were already walking for twenty minutes, and while Leif was deep in his thoughts, doing everything automatically, Y/n was getting tired, not used to this.

Leif stopped in his track, letting go of Y/n's hand for a moment. He turned towards him, getting a good look at his face, putting his hands on the elf's shoulders.

-You know, it's not far now. I could carry you for the rest of the way if you're tired -he offered.

-Oh no, no, I'm not that tired, I swear -he put his hands up, declining the offer with a red face.

Leif pulled his mask up enough to expose the lower parts of his face, placing a gentle kiss on Y/n's lips.

-If you say so -he said, with a small smirk on his face.

He grabbed his hand again, encouraging Y/n to walk.

-Just so you know, my offer will remain open, so don't be shy to ask.

Y/n's face started to redden, his eyes suddenly avoiding looking at the man before him, glaring at the ground.

Leif smiled to himself, now walking at a normal pace for the other's sake.

The human didn't lie when he said it was not far now, as they were there in a matter of minutes.

The place he brought him to was a lovely small clearing in the woods, that was full of beautiful flowers blooming in the gentle wind.

There were all sorts of flowers there, and Y/n recognized some of them from earlier, when he received a bouquet from Leif. 

-Do you like it? -Leif said, leading Y/n into the clearing, making himself comfortable in the shadows of the tall trees.

-How did you find this place? -Y/n asked while sitting down next to the masked one.

Leif was quiet for a couple of moments, thinking his answer through.

-I..-he paused- wanted to give you flowers, as I have not done this before, but everything that Vestchik could offer in it's stores was not worthy of being given to you, so I went out and found something better.

Leif discarded his mask, laying it down next to him, looking at Y/n besides him with his light brown eyes shining in the sunlight.

He leaned forward, their faces inches away from each other's.

-I will always love you, with all my heart -he whispered, before kissing the elf.

Y/n, still shocked from the confession of the bouquet, froze in his place, his brain not comprehending what's happening.

But once it did, he hesitantly returned the kiss, suddenly feeling rather shy in front of the male.

As Leif pressed against him, he got the sudden urge to say it back, which made him push away the man as gently as he could.

-Leif I wanna tell you something -Y/n mumbled, embarrassment making him look down at his lap- Even if I don't understand how or why you came to be in my life, or why you still treat me so kindly, after being treated like trash several times from me, but I know this one thing. I love you too.

He got really quiet near the end of his monologue, almost silent, as if he wanted to hide his confession from the face of the earth.

Leif was silent, wrapping his hands around the other's body, pulling him into a tight hug, pressing a small kiss on his cheek.

                  ---------------
Words: 917
2023. may 2.

sometimes I can't believe people actually like this book xd