Iᴛ's ᴀ ᴅᴇᴀʟ

It was early in the morning, hours before he would open his store. Too early to think normally, but the thoughts about yesterday's mysteries didn't leave his head.

   Weirded out by the events of yesterday, Y/n took a little trip to the girl's house. He was standing at the doorway of the house, and just glared at her. Dahna sighed, and invited him in, taking a sip of the cup of tea she was holding with a firm grab.

   As he pulled a chair out from under the table, he started wondering. Where did the fear go today? It was so common now, that he kinda got used to it. Al tough, he didn't miss it right now.

   He took a seat, and glanced at Dahna. She was standing next to the table, while looking out the windows.

   -Why did you chose this hour to come here?-she asked with a really tired voice- I wanna go back to sleep.

   She whined, and seat the opposite of Y/n.

   -Well, then why did you let me in?

   -I don't..I..I don't even know! -she bursted out loudly, then slipped back in the chair and buried her face in her palm.

   Silence fell on the two elves like a quilt over a bed. Somebody had to break that..

   -To your question, I want answers from you. Yesterday something happened that you didn't tell me -just like every time he talks, she had to interrupt. Y/n was getting tired of it.

   -There was nothing, I swear! I was just tired, kind of sick but my mind told me to go and visit you, okay? -she punched the table with her hand- End of conversation.

   They stared in each other's eye for long second 'till Y/n broke the eye contact by looking out the window.

   The land, covered with trees looked really pretty and scary from this view. Who knows what could be there, waiting for innocent children to come an play, then lure them in. And nobody would ever see them again.

    He got chills by thinking about it.

   -I wanna look for a teacher -her voice wasn't louder than a whisper.

   The boy looked at her, dead in the eye again.

   -You are not thinking about joining the army, right? -he asked with a slightly worried face.

   -No, no. Nothing like that. I just wanna practice with weapons again. It could come handy one day, considering the fact that we are in a war -she showed him a half-smile.

   -Oh, you had me worried there..-he calmed down slowly.

   Silence came again.

   -The thing is..I never really left this place before, and I'm not good with navigating with a map either -Dahna lowered his head, and looked at the dark wooden table- I need a partner Y/n. I'm not saying that you have to come with me, but please, think about it.

   She nervously tapped her fingers at the table, waiting for a response.

   -Well..I could close (S/n) for a few days maybe. But max four, because the customer number started dropping. But I want one thing in exchange.

   Dahna nodded with sparkling eyes.

   -Anything! I will give you anything.

   Y/n's face became serious.

   -I want to know what happened yesterday.

   She took another sip from the cup.

   -Oh..well..I can give you an answer, but just after I became better with swords.

   Y/n eyed her suspiciously, but then held his hand out for a handshake.

   -Okay, I'm in.

   She shook his hand lightly.

                --------------

   After that handshake, Y/n left the house. He still had two hours before the opening, but wanted to take a walk around the village while his stalker was asleep.
He didn't exactly know who or what was the stalker, but it wasn't up yet for his luck.

   Fresh air, that was the only thing that he didn't get in (S/n). The windows were nailed shut for like two decades now, thanks to the previous owner, Minho Hads. He didn't know anything about the reason because Minho was a mysterious figure. They avoided everybody, and once a week they stepped outside for food. Their curtains were always shut, letting no sunshine inside. Minho had a masculine face, with sharp cheekbones, and a feminine body. Whenever people asked them, what was their gender, they just ran away, back to the safety of home.

   Home, what a weird word. Home was supposed to be a place where you feel comfortable to be your true self, and chill. But something was missing in Y/n's home. Or he just hasn't found 'Home' yet.

   As he got closer to (S/n), he saw the figure of a man near his door. Y/n stopped there, feeling like bricks were tied to his ankle.

   'That man could be the stalker, since It's very odd to be here at this time..'

   The figure's head turned towards him. Anxiety rised in his chest instantly, and his mind cried for him to run.

   He stayed.

   The figure slowly walked up to him, and it revealed to be the black masked guy. It was weird to see him outside of the house. Y/n calmed down, but he was still suspicious about him.

   -Hey, what are you doing here this early?-he asked, looking slowly down and up on him, checking him.

   -I just wanted to check if you are up. You know, I didn't get much sleep last night, and wanted to talk to someone-the masked said, and unsurely lifted both his arms up, suggesting a hug.

   Y/n hesitated for a bit, but eventually hugged him. It was a little bit long hug, the type of hug which lovers have after a long time of separation. It was comforting, and Y/n hid his face in the strange man's neck. The man had a nice scent, but he couldn't say what was it exactly.

   That's when realization hit. He never actually asked the guy's name.

   He got out of the hug slowly, and stepped back.

   -Umh..this may sound awkward, but I never actually got your name.

   The man chuckled with his deep voice, which made Y/n shiver.

   -You can call me Leif.

                --------------
Words: 1043
2021. dec. 24.

Happy Christmas everyoneꨄ︎