Rᴇsᴇᴛ

It was the middle of the night, the majority of Vestchik's citizens were fast asleep, but not Y/n. He hastily woke up, when he heard the room's door creak, as if somebody had just opened it, slowly. He wasn't sure if they were trying to be stealthy, or wanted to warn him before they entered uninvited.

The elf looked over at the sofa, expecting it to be empty, but no, Leif was still there, sleeping soundlessly.

Y/n remembered how fast his emotions have shifted into the opposite, as they arrived to the room's door. He clutched the flower bouquet in his hand, and  informed Leif of his whish to be left alone while he slept, since he needed to clear his mind. Leif begrudgingly accepted it, and didn't press the topic further. Although, Y/n felt how the man's brown eyes roamed his body -as he found a comfortable position to sleep in- in a possessive, raw way.

He never thought of the other as weird, or even terrifying before, but now he started. Remembering back now, it was obvious that he was not right in the head, but he was blinded. Even now, he felt like he was blind when it came to Leif, since he still searched for the man's warmth, and love.

Y/n slowly, steadily climbed out of the bed, and looked out through the doorframe. It was pretty dark in the corridor, so he wasn't sure who he was standing against, but he had a feeling he knew who the person was.

-Y/n? -came a quiet whisper from the dark.

As soon as the elf heard the voice, his heartbeat fastened, crushing against his ribcage, threatening to leave his body. His body reacted automatically, and went towards the nightstand, grabbing the candle on top of it. With one swift move, he lighted it.

Now that there was a decent light source, he couldn't believe his eyes. Dahna's tired, sleep deprived face met his, and he couldn't feel happier.

Dahna looked rather distraught, especially after stealing a glance at the man sleeping on the sofa. Her eyes were expressive, the other could just read it, and she begged to go somewhere else. Y/n nodded, understanding how she may be feeling. He locked the door after himself, not wanting Leif to just come out, and spook them.

They walked down the stairs, into the pub's heart, as quietly as they could. It looked so strange, unnerving, and uneasy to Y/n, seeing how empty everything was. There were a couple of people chatting, a drunk guy was sleeping on the floor, and the bartender had joined the group of people in the corner, who were just looking out from their heads, while occasionally taking a sip of the beer in front of them.

Y/n and Dahna took a seat in one empty tables, that were in the far corner, looking right at the stairs.

Dahna looked so much better now, that they got more distance between the maniac, and them.

-Dahna..I..-he found it hard to push the words out of his mouth, without breaking down- I'm terribly sorry for my ignorance, and for everything I did. I know it isn't enough, and it's pathetic how it's the first thing I say to you, but I really regretted not listening to you.

Dahna stayed silent, while extending her arm, and grabbing the other's shaky hand, and locking their finger's together. That felt more like a reassuring, that she was really here, and he wasn't just imagining things.

-I know you just woke up, and you must be tired, overwhelmed, maybe even scared, but I want to know
-Y/n's voice was quiet, and Dahna almost missed what he said. The man, who she had thought of as a friend lifted his head up, looking straight into her eyes, the pain visibly there in his (c/n) eyes- What did he do to you, that day? Because it was his doing, I know it.

Dahna looked away, and brought her hands to her lap, fiddling with her night gown.

-I fell off of the chariot.

She said, her tone as monotone as it could get. There was a shift in the mood, and as he looked towards the stairs, he understood it.

Leif was looking at the girl in front of Y/n, eyes as cold as the deep sea.

Y/n glared back at him, getting out of the chair, and cutting the distance short between them.

-Leif, what the fuck are you doing here? -as he said those words, the pub got quiet real fast. People were looking at them, having their conversation paused, just to get a glimpse of what was about to happen.

Leif ignored his elf, being rather interested in the company he was with. Dahna was just sitting there, looking like the most bored person ever. But those eyes, her eyes told the truth, she was horrified.

-Leif, stop staring at her damn it! -Y/n pulled him up the stairs, out of sight of the people- What is your problem? -he whisper yelled.

Leif looked deeply into his eyes for a couple of seconds, but then his eyes went back to the stairs.

-I swear, I will get the truth out of you about what happened! -the angry Y/n declared.

His elf dragged him away, into their shared room, then locked the door behind him. pushing the other towards the bed, urging him to take a seat.

Y/n took a seat on the sofa, opposite of Leif, and was determined to get the truth out of him finally.

While the couple went on to their room, Dahna stayed in her seat, not moving an inch. She remembered how free she felt when she could finally get out of the state she was in, and get the control over her body back, but it seemed like one good look at Leif could just reset it. No matter how terrifying it sounded it was true. She could barely move, as if she was nailed there, and her eyes were glued to the staircase, leading up the dark corridor that they called the second floor.

                ---------------
Words:1040
2022. jan. 9.