Hᴀᴢʏ

Leif jumped out of the bed so fast, he was out the door when his feet finally hit the ground. His heart was beating hard against his ribcage, his mind could only concentrate on a single thought. He needed to feel his skin against his elf's, he knew that the last string of sanity depended on it.

The owner eyed him with suspicion as the masked male left the tavern without shoes on. He was in abrupt hurry, and the thought of where he could go in such hurry left a bad taste in his mouth. He clicked his tongue, and continued cleaning the glass in his hand. They paid their rent, so it was really not his business, wether he liked it or not.

Leif could barely tell where he was as soon as he left the building, due to his hazy mind that kept repeating one name, the most beautiful name in existence. The name that belonged to the man he loved, the man who he would do anything for in this small world.

He roughly navigated through the streets, occasionally bumping into people, but when they would turn around to complain or look at him, he was already out of sight. The chanting in his head only got stronger when he heard a faint voice in the distance, talking to someone. His breathing got stronger in a second, he could recognize that sweet, attractive voice anywhere.

In a matter of seconds Leif found himself next to Y/n - hands around the elf, bringing him closer to his chest - his mask discarded somewhere on the ground to be able to comfortably bury his face in the other's neck. Letting out a sharp breath relief washed over him, calming down his nerves and quieting the continuous chanting 'till it was only a murmur in the back of his mind.

Y/n could barely open his mouth from shock, stumbling to the side from the sudden attack. Leif held him strong against him, not letting him fall.

-Leif, what the heck? -he whispered, being grateful that not many people stopped to look at them.

Leif pressed a small kiss onto Y/n's neck, then raised his head, and rested his eyes on his elf.

-I can't express how much I missed you -he said with a shaky voice, still clinging onto the male who was too shocked to react -You're my everything.

Y/n stayed silent, his mind processing the confession. Leif slowly looked away from him, and set his eyes onto the girl. Dahna was as still as a statue, and just glared at them with her wide eyes, a dim light of fear in them.

Y/n's mind finally started working, and with a sudden strength boost, he got the hands off of him, stepping away from the man. Leif was no longer looking at Dahna with his cold, soulless eyes, as Y/n was blocking her from view.

The emotions automatically flipped inside of Leif, as now his eyes were warm and loving, as if he was looking at them like this the whole time.

-Why are you here, Leif? -he asked, a bit scared from how sudden the look in his eyes changed.

Leif's emotions worked in a strange way. They were easily replaced, under a couple of seconds most of the time.

He seemed to have caught that scared glimpse in the elf's eye, and was quick to attempt to sooth it away. He put up his hands, showing his palm off, hoping this would show him that he was no threat to him. He would never dare to harm his lover, since Y/n was everything to him.

-Honey, don't be scared -he stepped closer, keeping his eyes on Y/n- I would never dare to imagine raising a hand at you, you're the love of my life.

Y/n just stood there, with a frozen Dahna behind him. His eyes were glued onto the man before him, watching his every move.

A small crowd was starting to form around them, their eyes hungry for the next move.

-I'm not afraid for myself, you monster! -he semi-shouted, and the crowd suddenly got bigger.

The quiet murmurs from the crowd got to the male's ears, and he looked away from Leif just for a split second to realize they had company.

Before the other could say anything back, to try reassuring him, Kay stepped into the circle. She looked energetic in the sun, and she was quick to step between the past couple.

Kay grabbed the trembling girl's hand and swiftly pulled her out of circle. Y/n soon followed them, casting one last glance at Leif, who just stared at him with those captivating light brown eyes.

Kay moved like an expert across the streets, and pulled the non-responsive girl behind her, 'till they got to a less populated area.

Y/n whipped his head around a couple of times just to check wether he was following or not, but saw nobody. Despite not seeing anyone, he was nervous. He felt bad too, since Leif's awful appearance was enough just to tell him how much he needed his presence.

He sighed, glancing at the girls near the benches. Kay's muffled voice was hardly understandable from the distance he was from them, but he did hear Dahna respond a few times.

Everything was okay with Dahna, she was just shaken up.

The guilt of leaving Leif in his bad shape was eating him from the inside, making any resentment towards him disappear.

The feeling of being watched creeped around his thoughts as he turned around, and started walking the opposite way, away from his bestfriend.

Something in his soul was ordering to go and search for Leif, and he did just that.

                 ---------------
Words: 969
2023. feb. 13.
I swear, I write better in my mother langue👁️👄👁️