Fᴇᴇʟs

The woman who called herself Cheyenne later on told him everything from the most unnecessary information on how the locals have spent their days on cold, winter days, to how Vestchik couldn't keep up with how fast the other smaller cities advanced, and that small portion of land that everyone calls small city stayed the way it was 50 years ago.

   History is diappointing sometimes.

   But, Cheyenne's knowledge about Vestchik was interesting. How could she fit everything in her brain, and actually remember most of it?

   While she told him everything she knew from books, and older elves, they walked through the same path more than he could count.

   He had enough of her constant talking, and how she didn't notice he wasn't quite listening, but rather looking around, trying to find anything worth of looking at.

   As soon as she finished the sentence she started a few seconds ago, Leif interrupted her.

   -Cheyenna, that's enough information to swallow.

   She looked at his mask with her weird greenish coloured eyes, probably trying to figure out what emotion the other was experiencing. And when it hit her that there was no way she could read it off of the mask, her glare went down to read from his body language.

   And she got nothing from it.

   To be fair, the tone he had probably should have been enough.

   She smiled at him, trying to keep the rest of the history of Vestchik inside her mind, not letting it slip out. Leif clearly wasn't that interested in talking about that, and she somewhat, hardly respected it.

   -Eh..Of course -and she just stood there awkwardly after that, not really knowing what to do. Social anxiety is more noticeable with elves.

   He wasn't really interested in wanting help from her, even if she insisited it.

   -So..Can I help you with anything..? -it seemed like she asked from herself, not really from the man- Really, anything.

   Leif sighed, shrugging his shoulders, looking around.

   -I don't really think so.

   -Um..well then -sensing how awkward things have became, she turned to leave- Will you be back anytime soon?

   Leif turned his head toward her, staring into her soul.

   -No -he didn't sugarcoat his disinterest in Cheyenne, he didn't care about her that much, when his elf was on his mind.

   He was gone for a long time, everything was probably ready now, and they would have a chance to talk like two reasonable beings.

                  -------------

   The walk back was longer then he expected it to be, making him feel like a homesick sailor, who's only wish was to be back in his beloved's arms.

   Well, in his case it was partially true.

   He was eager to feel Y/n's soft skin against his, tired of how he couldn't touch him. It was making him go crazy, not to mention he already was crazy enough.

   As he arrived back, he was met with fresh (f/f) on the table, asking to be eaten.

   He ignored it, looking for the chef, not bothering to remove his mask.

   He needed to get a glance at him, even if just for a second.

   -Y/n? Where are you? -Leif knew exactly where he might have been, it was obvious. He was at Dahna's side, possibly changing her bandage and talking to her. 

   Y/n was annoyingly royal to her, not letting Leif even near her, not like he could just go in when he was asleep. Well, he was not going to corner her again anyway, she have learned her lesson, and that is to stay away from his elf. 

   It was just a matter of time before she recovered and left, saving her own skin. 

   And then he could love Y/n, the way he deserves to be. 

                ---------------

   -Y/n, where are you? -he heard that deep voice call out to him, just outside Dahna's room.

   It startled him, that's for sure.

   He wasn't even sure why he called out, if he was so sure he was in there with Dahna.

   Y/n didn't answer, too fed up with everything to even bother.

   Leif didn't wanna admit what he did, -and is still acting like things can be like a mere week ago.

   He just noticed how slow the time can get, when things turn bad.

   Not to mention, Dahna warned him about Leif, and she never trusted him.

   -Darling, could you open the door please? -his tone was overly sweet, to the point it didn't feel real- I know you're in there.

   Y/n wondered why he even doubted that Leif was behind this, and why he was feeling guilt.

   He could see things straight and clear, well, more clearer than before.

   Everything was probably forced, fake, not real. At leat that's what his mind told him.

   But why?

   Y/n sighed, giving up on his silent treatment for Leif. He clearly didn't get that he wanted nothing with him.

   -Don't call me that -he grabbed Dahna's hands for a bit of stability, squuezing them tight- And, go away, Leif. I don't need you here.

   As soon as the sentence left his lips, he thought the man might try to continue to lure him out, or perhaps break down the door, but none of it happened.

   The house went dead silent, the only sound was Leif's quiet steps, going toward the guest room.

                  ---------------
Words: 896
2022. oct. 17.
Damn, it's been a while-