Bɪʀᴛʜᴅᴀʏ

He got trapped.

   Just like other nights, when he couldn't seal out the demons.

   They dragged him down to the deepest section of his mind, and whispered bad things about father.

   Father.

   He suddenly rolled out of the bed, still half asleep. The hard wooden floor hurt his knees as he landed on all-four.

On the verge of crying, he had no other choice, but to escape by taking fall damage.

   Oh, how he wished he was back to yesterday's night!

   Everything was really peaceful at those moments, laying on the mattress and thinking about freedom.

   Well, it sucks to be a normal human, isn't it? Going back in time would always be handy, even if it was just to re-live moments from the long gone past.

   Leif breathed heavily, wiping the thin layer of sweat down from his forehead with his wrist.

   He was quite glad he had successfully escaped the demons, but at the same time disturbed. There wasn't any nightmare that he remembered in his whole life, and was this intense.

   A smirk had plastered on his flawless face, knowing he had won this battle against his mortal enemies, the liars.

   -I did it..-he whispered to himself, in a slightly maniac tone.

    Joy..or perhaps proudness? It was probably the mix of the two, that spread across his body like a thunder, when it hits the ground.  He didn't know what were those feelings by word, and not many times he had experienced it, but it felt so, so great.

   The smirk became a strong laughter, which could creep out anybody, if they would pass near his bedroom. Or, just make them believe that he was crazy. Maybe both.

   He was fully believing at this point, that nothing could ever stop him, just like how he escaped the nightmare. Such a childish act, but you couldn't blame a five years old.

   He was interrupted by a sharp growl from his abdomen, indicating his need for nutritions. He haven't had a proper meal in days, refusing to eat in the absence of his father.

   Well, he was home now. And, probably won't leave for a whole week, if he is in a good mood.

                 --------------

   As he arrived to the kitchen, he surprisedly noticed that all his siblings were there. He was so used to see Orsa, or Edlyn there that the scene left him speechless.

   While Orsa was making the food, his older sister and Hont were putting the plates down the table, with the red silk cloth on it. Everything was so unusual!

   The delicious smell of (f/f) got to his nose. He greedily smelled into the air, hoping for more. But something crossed his mind. What if that was all just a weird dream? There is no way that half of the family would come together this early in the morning, just to cook food. 

   As he waited for the disappointed waking in his bed, a feminine voice intervened. 

   -Good morning Leif -Orsa smiled at him- Why are you up so early?

   Let's just say, she caused him a heart attack.

   Edlyn paid no attention to him, doing her job near the table. Hont glanced at him, but just as quick as he did, he already got back to his business.

   Leif stayed silent, not knowing how to put the words in correct order in his mind.

   -I couldn't sleep anymore -he answered, walking next to the oldest.

   She nodded, finishing the meal. Her clean hand found it's way into the little boy's hair, and ruffled his hair playfully.

   She put the spoon down next to the dish, looking at the shorter male.

   -Why are you guys..doing this?-he pointed at the table behind them.

   Orsa looked at him surprised, like he had to know what was the reason behind all this.

   -Don't you know what day is it? -she asked softly, like how a mother would do to her children.

   He shook his head, not understanding the situation.

   Orsa squatted down to be his height, and hugged his shoulder, moving him to face the red cloth on the table.

   -It's your birthday, Leif. Did you forget?

   His eyes widened at the answer, processing the response.

   -Really? It's not a joke, right? -he became hyped in a brief moment, 'cause he got to his 6ᵗʰ birthday!

   He never really imagined he would get this far. His mother always said things in front of him, that he won't live up to be even five!

   He proved them wrong.

   Orsa hummed as an answer, sweetly smiling at her youngest brother.

   -And, as a birthday present, I made you (f/f) -she helped him sit on the chair- And, I have planned things for the entire day. What do you say?

   He excitedly nodded, feeling happy. The day just couldn't get better at this point!

               --------------

   Having breakfast with his siblings wasn't that awkward as other days, despite the silence. They didn't wanna wake up their parents, but at the same time, it was just comforting.

   Plus, they had been taught to not talk at the table, since they could start choking. Their father had stated, he would never help them if they would start choking.

   And these comforting minutes gave enough time to the six years old boy, to take a closer look at his older siblings.

   Edlyn had sharp cheekbones, and a strong jawline. Her eyes were the colour of the sand at the beach, when you pour water on it. Her curly hair was in a ponytail, but some locks escaped the prison, called "hair tie".

   Hont looked quiet similar to Edlyn, same cheekbones, jawline, and hair, but his eyes were darker. Like the darkness in the night.

   Orsa next to them looked like a stranger. She got grayish eyes -which were probably from their grandfather- and straight, black hair. Her cheekbones were perfect, next to the jawline. Her face was symmetrical, which was considered "attractive", whatever that word meant.

               --------------
Words: 998
2022. feb. 9.
Hmm..I still have no motivation.