Cʜᴀʀɪᴏᴛ

-Um..Y/n. Can we talk? -Dahna said, looking at the masked, who wasn't planning on leaving her friend's side.

   Leif had a possessive aura around him, and refused to let his elf leave his side. He felt the need to protect him from everything, which was kind of normal at this point.

   -In private. Without..his presence -she continued.

   Y/n nodded, taking a last glance at his lover, before leaving him with the luggages.

   They hurried inside the building, where they kept the horses. The animals were silent, and calm. There wasn't any worker inside, which was what Dahna needed right now. A little bit of peace, to talk with Y/n.

   The girl just couldn't lie to herself, she knew that masked man way before he threatened her at the (S/n). Now, in mere day light it was hard to mistake him for someone else. She saw him before, hiding from their eyes, observing the happenings. If she was right -which she thought she was- he was the one who always followed them, wherever they have went. The fact that he was with Y/n, was giving her the chills.

   -Y/n..who was that man? -she whispered, not sure if the masked was close.

   She didn't wanna risk being caught talking about him, behind his back. Who knows what he would do.

   -Oh..his name is Leif. I thought you already knew -awkwardness started rise in him, which even showed up in his smile.

   She grabbed Y/n's face, and hold her hand in front of the boy's mouth to make him quiet.

   -Why did you bring him here? Do you even know who he is? -the usual feeling of being watched came back, striking fast.

   -Well..yes, actually -his voice sounded muffled- The reason why I brought him with me is easy.

   -Y/n, he is crazy! We would be better without his "help"! -she whisper-yelled in his ear.

   Y/n yanked himself out of the girl's grip, stepping back.

   -We need someone to protect us from possible attacks. He knows how to handle a sword like a professional.

   Dahna's eyes wide open, looking around to find where Leif was hiding while talking.

   -You don't sound like you know him. I have witnessed how he truly acts, and I can assure you that this is all fake. He is..is..-the words stopped in her throat, making Y/n turn around.

   As he turned around, he noticed Leif was standing almost beside him. He didn't understand how he didn't hear his steps, but it didn't matter at the moment.

   -He is what, little Dahna? -he didn't sound furious, but rather curious- Go on, no pressure. I wanna hear what am I.

   Dahna choked on her words, while Y/n was just standing there. A hand was placed on his shoulder, making him jump. His attention shifted from the terrified girl to the masked, who was not happy how she was more interesting to his elf, than him.

   -We should leave Dahna to calm down a bit, then continue this conversation on the way. Don't you think so? -his voice back to warm, soft tone he heard so many times.

   Y/n just nodded, glancing at Dahna who was now starting to catch her breath.

   -Let's put the luggages in the chariot, come Y/n -he hurried Y/n out of the building by his waist, trying to sound as sweet as possible.

   Annoyance and jealousy started to linger around the masked man, when Y/n was looking back at the building worried for his friend, even now that they were outside. He knew the girl is gonna be a problem from the start, but that was the last thread. Oh, how he wished he would have killed her that day. He had a chance, they were alone. And the fact that Y/n is easy to manipulate, Leif was completely aware of it even then. He could have gotten rid of her, then blame it on some random civilian. How stupid he was for thinking she would avoid his elf!

   It was time to handle things by taking the risk that Y/n could start hating him.

               --------------

   They were traveling on a four-wheeled chariot, which was two horses drawn. There was enough space for two people to comfortably sleep in the covered chariot, but none of them was really planning on sleeping.

   Since Y/n had enough of spending money, he decided that he would drive the horses. He was quiet sure he couldn't mess up the plan, and get lost.

   Of course, they changed places frequently, but since Leif insisted Y/n to stay beside him whenever he was the next, Y/n got no chance to hear out what Dahna wanted to share with him. Curiosity was killing him from the inside, but he didn't want to argue with his lover. By time, Leif would surely get bored of his presence. At least, that's what Y/n thought.

   -So..do you have any interesting story about your 'adventurer' phase? -Y/n asked, looking at the surrounding trees and houses.

   Leif clicked his tongue.

   -Y'know, I didn't really get in any trouble in any of my adventure.

   -No giants or ogres? How?

   Leif looked like he wasn't gonna answer for a moment, but then responded.

   -They just didn't live there, nor do they gonna in the future. Something wiped them out from existence.

   The subject started to become interesting to the (h/c)-ed male.

   'What kind of beast could wipe out a whole bunch of species?- That makes no sense.'

   -My biggest concern was always thiefs. There was so many of them in the nearby neighbourhoods.

   Y/n was now observing the other's mask at this point.

   -And um..have you ever met a human?

   Suddenly, Leif turned towards him which creeped out the elf for some reason.

   -Honestly, yes -he paused, then turned back to the road- But this was way before the war.

   Still creeped out, Y/n stopped asking questions.

   -Interesting.

                --------------
Words: 1015
2022. jan. 24.