Chapter 1

"Y/n!"
"Yes, ma?" I yell from my bedroom.
"Get ready! We have to be at the Madrigals house in a couple minutes for dinner!".
What?! I have to go to the Madrigals?! I mean I know my mother is friends with their family but why drag me into this?
We've been living here for a couple days, and I've never met them. It's going to be awkward I just know it. I quickly throw on my best dress and do my hair.

I go downstairs and I see my mom.
"You look beautiful" she says.
"Thanks, when are we going"
"Right now".

We walk into the Casita after being greeted by Alma. We sat down at the table. I was sitting next to my mom and on the other side I was sitting next to a curly haired boy who looked to be my age. Alma stood up and introduced us. Apparently the boy I was sitting next to was Camilo. And she introduced all of their gifts. Camilo has the gift to shape-shift. One of the girls didn't have a gift though. Her name was Mirabel. I could tell we were going to be good friends. I kept catching myself looking at Camilo from the corner of my eye, it made me feel embarrassed, I could feel my cheeks going pink.
After the dinner everyone just chatted. I managed to start a conversation with Mirabel. She's very nice and awkward like me.
"So, I seen you looking at Camilo quite a bit while we were eating" Mirabel says while giving me a smirk.
That came out of the blue..
I could feel myself getting hot.
"What? No" I say trying not to choke on the water I just swallowed.
"It was really obvious, y/n"
"It was nothing"
"Okayyyyy" she said not believing me.

When we got back home I went straight to sleep.

The next morning my mother wanted to go back to the Casita and have breakfast.
When we got there it wasn't Alma this time. It was Camilo.
"Hey, y/n" Camilo said as I entered through the doorway.
"Uh, hi" I say.

A couple hours later I go up to my mother and ask "can I stay the night with Mirabel?!" My mother says yes.
Me and Mirabel set up for the night. I change into her nightwear because I didn't have any clothes for bed. Me and Mirabel were talking and laughing on her bed when Camilo walks in.
"What's up, Camilo?" Mirabel says
"Can I hangout with you guys?"
"Why?"
"Why not?"
Mirabel looks at me questioning. I gave her a look of 'I don't mind'.
"Sure".
He sits down on the bed. Throughout the night Camilo shape-shifted into multiple people including me and Mirabel and imitated them, it was funny. Eventually we all fell asleep. We weren't planning on all of us having a sleepover but we didn't mind.
I woke up around four. I looked over at Mirabel who was snoring. I then looked over at Camilo who was sleeping fine but then I seen him shape-shift into multiple people, it was funny watching him fight with himself.