Part 59

Camilo's POV:

Ms. Y/l/n walks over to Carlos. She places a hand on his shoulder.
"Come here.." she says in a soft tone.
Y/n stood by me. She held my wrist lightly. Carlos and Ms. Y/l/n sat up against the pillow on y/n's bed. Carlos kept his distance. Ms. Y/l/n waved him over though. Carlos was hesitant and didn't know what Ms. y/l/n was trying to do. Carlos finally sat close to Ms. y/l/n. Y/n's mother put an arm around Carlos. I could tell Carlos felt uncomfortable, and y/n's mom knew it.
"Shh.. it's okay to not be okay." Ms. Y/l/n waved me and y/n over.
We sat next to her. Y/n snuggled on me. Y/n's mother started humming a melody. It was calming and honestly made me a little sleepy. I look over to y/n, she already passed out. Carlos laid his head on Ms. y/l/n's shoulder. I bet Carlos was pretty sleepy, as well. I almost fell asleep but I heard Carlos sniffling.
"Are you alright? What's going through your mind..?" Y/n's mom whispers.
"...Why do you want to help me?" Carlos asks.
"I hate to see you in pain. You're like my kid."
"..Then why doesn't my own mother want to help me?"
Ms. Y/l/n didn't have an answer for that. Though, she just kept humming until all of us were asleep.
I woke up to the smell of bacon.. mmm. (Or any other food). Y/n lays next to me. Carlos was laying on the other side of y/n. Carlos looks calm, I'm happy he finally got some rest. I got up from the bed. I look at myself in the mirror. I had real messy hair. I heard y/n stretch.
"Good morning!" I say.
"Hey.." her morning voice is so cute, "aw, your hair looks so..." she was trying to find the word.
"Ugly?" I say.
"No! It looks so.. luxurious!"
"Really? I just woke up."
"Yes, really!"
I smiled and laughed. I tackled y/n with hugs. I forgot Carlos was still asleep. Carlos looks at us with disgust.
"..Sorry."
"You guys are always all.. lovey, dovey.. It makes me sick..!"
"Oh come on! I bet you like someone right now! I bet you want to hug them like that!"
"I do.."
"Who?!" Me and y/n scream with excitement.
"Two people. But I can't say.. well, maybe just one.."
Carlos' face went pink with embarrassment. Why was he embarrassed?
"Alright then, tell us just the one!"
"His name is..-"
"HIS NAME?! You like a GUY?!" Camilo screams.
"Yes.. please, don't tell!"
Camilo went all "girly" on Carlos.
"O. M. G! AAAH! I DIDN'T KNOW THIS! YOU'RE-"
"Bi. Yes. DON'T tell." Carlos rubbed his eyes.
"I AM SO HAPPY YOU TOLD ME! So? Who's this.. guy?" Camilo winks and smirks.
"Uh.. Mel. Do you know him?" Carlos questions.
"Mel..? No, I don't. Where do you see him?"
"At night. I've only seen him when I snuck out at night. We talk sometimes."
"What does he look like?" Y/n asks.
"Dark brunette hair, almost black, his hair has loose curls. Yellow/greenish... well, he has heterochromia.. His left eye is a honey, brown. His right eye is the greenish/yellow one." As Carlos was explaining his features Carlos' face had turned red.
"Weird. I think we would've noticed if someone had two different colored eyes.. yet, I don't think I've seen him."
"Me neither." Y/n says.
"Yeah. I haven't seen him in the day." Carlos says.
"...Well, I was thinking... we can buy you a PRIDE FLAG!"
"Stop. Stop. Stop. I told you that I don't want you going around and telling people. And you buying a flag for me will definitely make people suspicious! And to be honest.. I'm not even sure if Mel likes guys.." Carlos is gripping onto his hair.
He is stressed out.
"Why are you embarrassed?"
"I never should've told you!"
"Carlos.."
"Would you stop?!"
It went quiet.
"Food's ready!" We hear Ms. y/l/n call from downstairs.
We all went downstairs. Carlos avoided eye contact. We all passed the food around. We had started to eat but Carlos was just moving his food around on the plate.
The day went by pretty smoothly, honestly kind of boring because we can't really be seen so we just hung out inside. Anyways. It came night and all of us went to sleep, or I think all of us.

Carlos' POV:

I tried to get off of y/n's bed without it creaking and waking either of them up. I checked my hair in the mirror. I touched up my clothes a bit. I opened y/n's window very quietly. This has got to be the most easy way to sneak out, there is literally a tree branch that I can walk onto and then I can climb down the tree. So, I did do that. I was on my way to the center of town. I sat down at the water fountain once I had arrived. In the distance I saw someone. They were walking closer, as they get closer and closer their details become more visible, it's Mel! He sits down besides me.
"Hey! Uh.. do you mind if I ask you a question?" I ask.
"Not at all! Go ahead!"
"Uh... Why haven't I seen you in town.. like.. in the day?"
"Oh, I.. I have strict parents."
"They don't allow you to go outside during the day?"
"No. But.. it's whatever!"
"Doesn't it make you sad? Don't you feel sad that you can't live a normal life?"
"Mmm.. I guess sometimes.. you know, I look out of the window.. when the sun isn't shining directly at me.." he mumbled the last part, "and I see kids riding their bikes and playing soccer.."
I felt bad. I look down at his arms and hands, in some spots it looks like he has rashes and blisters..
"Another question.. sorry... uh, do you mind if I ask?"
"Go ahead!"
"Your arms.. it looks painful. What happened?"
"...I'd rather not say.. sorry.."
"It's okay!"
Me and Mel kinda walked around a little. He then told me he was going to go, and he walked off. I went to a random house and I climbed their roof top. I nearly almost fell off though, when I saw Mel chilling on his back looking at the stars.
"I thought you said you had to go?"
"Oh! Uh.. yeah. I like to come here to look at the stars.."
"That's neat.." I laid down next to him.
We watched the stars for what seemed like forever. We eventually sat up. I inched closer to him. He noticed but didn't seem to mind.
"Do you ever wonder how many stars there are?" Mel says.
"Yeah.."
I look down from the stars to Mel. He looks over at me. His face was a little blushed. I got lost into his eyes.
"Uh.." Mel awkwardly gets my attention.
"Huh? Oh!" I look away really embarrassed.
Then, Mel did something I did not expect. He turned my chin so I was looking at him. He kept his thumb on my chin and we both just stare into each other's eyes. His face gets closer with no intention. He closes his eyes. I felt our lips touch. He then places his hand on my cheek. Our lips were pressing more hard against each other's. He pulled away. He looks at me with wide open eyes.
"I-I... I am so sorry! I actually got to go! Once again, I am truly sorry! I don't know what came over me!" He looks over towards the sunrise. The suns light was just peeking over the mountains. He jumps off of the roof onto a tree branch, and then a lower tree branch, until he got to the ground. Then he ran off. I went back to y/n's house. The whole time I was thinking to myself, 'was it an accident?', 'did he truly mean too?', 'I hope so..'.