Part 45

Camilo's POV:

Carlos sunk into his pillow. We heard a loud knock at the front door. Someone had answered and they spoke. One of the men had a deep voice. I heard my Tio Bruno talking in a shaky voice. We then heard the men walking up the steps. We heard my mother and father trying to stop the men. One of them knocked on the door and said,
"Carlos! Open up!"
"What the hell?" Carlos whispered.
We both got up. Carlos had gotten dizzy but soon got his balance back. I stayed back as he answered the door. It was the police.
"Put your hands up!"
All four of them surround Carlos.
"W-What's happening?! Camilo?! What's- What's happening?! Help! Camilo...!" Carlos screamed.
I don't think I've seen him as terrified as this.
"What are you doing to him?!" I yell.
They push Carlos over his desk to put his hands behind his back. My parents stood in terror.
"Carlos. You are arrested for obtaining illegal drugs and for the murder of Bella L/N. You have the right to remain silent in the court of law. Anything you say can and will be used against you in court. You have the right to bring your lawyer into court, as well as in the interrogation room."
"Bella... Bella? Y/n's sister?! She's dead?!" Carlos was as confused as I was.
"What are you doing to him?! Where are you taking him?!" My mother yells.
"Ma! Pa! ... C-Camilo?!" Carlos looks at me with terrified eyes, "Where are you taking me?!"
"Prison." One of the police men say.
"You can't do that! He's not even eighteen yet!" My father yells.
"He's old enough to know what he's done is wrong." They started to take Carlos out of the room.
"Please! I can't go!" Carlos tried to shake out of his grip, "Do something!"
Carlos looked at me. I couldn't do anything. He gave me an angry look.
"Do something... I would never murder someone.." Carlos gritted his teeth and looked down at the floor.
He closed his eyes tight. A tear from him hit the floor. Is.. my brother a murderer? He looked back at me with tears filled in his eyes. He saw the look on my face.
"You don't think I actually killed Bella.. do you?" Carlos took a deep breath in.
I saw y/n walk into the room. Her face said everything she thought.
"I- Carlos.." I didn't know what to say.
"You think I would do something so terrible?! You really don't know me.. do you?!" Carlos' sadness turned into anger.
He yanked his hands out of the police man's. He got real close to me.
"I HATE YOU!" The last thing I remember was Carlos head butting me.
I hit the floor and everything went black.

Carlos' POV:

Camilo fell to the ground.
"Hey!" One of the police men says.
They yanked me away. The started walking me out of the room. I turned around and saw y/n staring at me. I felt ashamed. I saw my parents and my family watching me with disgust. I saw little Antonio frightened at the sight of me.
"You're leaving... again." Antonio says.
I drop my head. I didn't want to see everyone else's expression. They put me in the cop car and drove off.

⚠️this part may not be suitable for all⚠️

They brought me to the interrogation room. The police shoved me to a seat. They took my handcuffs off. They left me in the room. About thirty minutes later an interrogator walks in. He sits down in a seat across the table from me. He puts a cup of water in front of me. He leans in.
"So Carlos, is it?" He asks.
"Mhm.." I say.
"I'm detective Jace."
We both shake hands.
"So Carlos, why'd you do it? Why'd you kill Bella?"
"Why do you think I did it?"
"Your DNA is on the crime scene."
"I- what? DNA? Blood... or.."
"Both. We have reason to believe you also raped Bella."
"I didn't!"
"This is why I am asking you. Do you think you might've gotten high or too drunk to remember you had done such a terrible thing?" He questions.
He had a paper and pen, ready to wright anything that I would say.
"...When did you find her body. When do you think she might've died?" I ask.
"We think she might've been murdered a week ago before we found her body last night."
"Where'd you find her?" I ask.
"By the river just past the cemetery."
"T-That's where we found my girlfriend!-"
"Are you confessing that you murdered your girlfriend?"
"NO! NO! I'm saying when my girlfriend was murdered we found her by that river!"
"She also was murdered? When you found her body were you seeking for revenge?"
"Yes- but never would I murder someone for revenge!"
"Then why is your DNA on the crime scene?"
"I don't know! I-I have a twin brother but he wouldn't do anything like that either!"
He set the paper and pen down on the table.
"Look son, you are a drug addict that also has mental problems-"
"I KNOW I'M A DRUG ADDICT WITH MENTAL PROBLEMS BUT I SWEAR I WOULD NEVER DO SUCH A THING!"
"We are going to test your blood for drugs and alcohol, okay?"
They took my blood and left me in that room for a couple hours. The interrogator came back.
"I have your test results back."
I just sighed knowing that it'll be positive because I had just had an overdose yesterday.
"It's positive." He says.
"Mhm.."
"And why is that? What happened?"
"I had an overdose yesterday. And I've been doing those things everyday."
"Why?"
"Forgetting."
"Like.. forgetting that you killed and raped an innocent girl?"
"I DIDN'T MURDER OR RAPE HER!" I slammed my fists on the table.
He leaned back.
"I think you were intoxicated when you did it."
"You have no real evidence!"
"DNA. Can you explain to me why your DNA was there?"
⚠️⚠️⚠️
"I can't explain the blood. But... oh god.." I tried to keep myself from crying, "M-Me and B-Bella had s- ..that.. But I can explain! She's insane! She attacked me a week ago and made me! I didn't want to! She didn't have my consent! I didn't want her to hurt me again! She said that I was the closest thing to Camilo, and I know she used to like Camilo!" I folded my arms and looked down at my lap.
I started to cry a little. My nose started to run.
"Oh! You were raped by Bella a week ago? When did this happen? What day?" He questions.
"Uh.. like.. last Thursday.."
"The day of her murder.." he picks his paper up and stands up, "I am going to go. I will have someone talk to you and help you. Okay?"
"O-Okay.." I look up at him but quickly look back down.